What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Cataloger for MRO, Raw Materials, and Packaging Materials
Seeking a candidate who is organized, customer-focused, action-oriented, a problem solver, technical savvy, and has great verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of maintenance, repair, and operating materials needed. Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office is desired. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining centralized stock numbers for MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operation) Materials, Raw Materials, and Packaging Materials. This candidate will be responsible for detailed identification and proper classification of materials for global business groups and will work closely with the Sourcing Team and production facilities to ensure accurate material identification and spend analysis. The position requires the ability to work in a global environment with sensitivity to legal, regulatory, and cultural differences.
- Respond to facility requests for new Material Numbers by:
- Searching for an existing Material Master to satisfy request
- Create new Material Masters when required
- Update Manufacturer Part Cross Reference file
- Make requested Material Master changes by:
- Determining if a new or different material is required (rather than extensive changes to an existing material)
- Review requested change for adherence to classification methodology standards
- Ensure requested change would not result in unanticipated changes for other facilities (management of change)
- Determine if additional classification changes are required as a result of the requested changes
- Make appropriate changes and inform requestor when complete
- Participate in periodic reviews of existing Material Masters for obsolescence or miss classification
- Respond to general requests for material information and explanations of classification methods
- Periodic training of new end-users in making material requests and performing material searches
- Serve as a liaison to Plant Maintenance and Process Reliability functions by providing material catalog information
- Provide material catalog information for Global Sourcing bidding and contract broadcast activities
- Work with suppliers regarding product classification changes and make required material cataloging changes
- Catalog temporary number backlogs by assigning existing or creating new permanent catalog numbers
- Catalog parts lists of new equipment and search for replacements of OEM supplied components with commercially available parts
- Catalog storeroom parts of acquired or newly established businesses based on supplied stock lists and physical evaluation of materials.
- Coordinate with additional resources to complete project requirements
- Train end-users in making material requests and searches
- Serve as a worldwide resource to assist other IP cataloging operations
- Travel (up to 50% time requirement for some large projects) to facilities to conduct “bin crawls” to identify materials based on physical examination.
- Proficient English language skills
- Previous work experience with SAP Materials Management
- Personal computer experience using spreadsheets and word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to balance day-to-day responsibilities with assigned project tasks
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial parts, chemicals, and packaging materials & their suppliers
- Knowledge of and experience with material classification methodologies
- Must meet all safety requirements for working within manufacturing facilities
- Willingness to travel and work weekends as needed for some projects
- Requires heavy lifting over 50 lbs with assistance
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Memphis TN 38197