We currently have an opening for a Complex Controller for our Buffalo, NY and Milltown, NJ Sheet plants. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers. This position will be based out of the Buffalo, NY facility. The key role is directing the financial activities of the complex by establishing and maintaining effective fiscal procedures and controls, analyzing performance and recommending or directing action needed to maximize the financial return of the facilities to the division and corporation.
* Ensure the facilities maintain accurate books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that the business is conducted in compliance with established division and corporate policies, procedures and practices.
* Prepare and analyze operating results, operating trends, capital projects, special projects and operating forecasts in order to assist the Plant General Managers in their management objectives.
* Determine the assets of the facilities are properly managed and protected. Establish procedures and controls that ensure adequate protection. Ensure that an adequate system of internal controls exists for the plants.
* Prepare and analyze the annual operating, strategic plan and capital plan in conjunction with other complex management members.
* Accountable for timely communication with Division/Segment finance organization regarding internal controls, reporting and business analysis to keep information flowing to all management levels.
* Customer Focus
* Business Acumen
* Managing Vision and Purpose
* Building Effective Teams
* Informing Skills
* Managerial Courage
* Learning on the Fly
* Priority Setting/Time Management
* Budgeting and Performance Reporting Against Books
* Financial Concepts
* Standard Costs
* Strategic Planning
* Basic Accounting and Controls
* SAP Working Knowledge
* Minimum BA/BS or equivalent experience
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at www.internationalpaper.com/careers
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans