What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position level of this role will depend upon the experience of the successful candidate.
The compensation consultant is responsible for building relationships with business and staff groups so that they will have a complete understanding of the businesses we’re in as a company, the jobs performed within each business and staff group, along with their relationships within the business groups, countries and the corporation as a whole.
- Job Evaluations
- Identify market data sources needed for evaluations. Research and analyze all job requests for the business & staff groups supported. Must maintain equity across business and country lines, even for areas not supported. Maintain all documentation and support material for evaluations preformed.
- Business & Staff Group Support
- Provide guidance on Compensation issues for the business & staff groups supported. This may include, but is not limited to such things as:
- How to properly use the job catalog and select the appropriate job from the catalog
- The appropriate amount of increase or salary to offer an employee
- Explanation of policies and procedure
- Assistance in guiding groups through timeline requirements on processes such as Merit Reward Planning
- < >Audit business and staff group’s application of Enterprise-wide Compensation policies and procedures; such as:
- Proper assignment of PLs to employees
- Proper assignment of FLSA classification
- Use of titles
- PL exceptions
- Run audits to study salary practices for particular jobs, groups of employees, PLs, etc.
- Identify and monitor compensation trends within the Corporation.
- < >Educate individuals or groups of HR professionals, managers and/or employees on topics related to compensation.
- Special Projects
- Examples include: performing compensation studies on international locations that have not previously been on the International Paper market driven compensation approach, acquisition transition, special communications, SAP improvements.
- Market Surveys
- Assist in participating in market survey submissions
- Oversee international location participation in market surveys
- Study findings
- Help in the recommendations of survey purchases
- Incentive Compensation
- May provide assistance in designing and developing incentive plans and or the administration of existing plans.
- Required skills & experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) strongly desired
- Experience in job evaluation and salary planning using a market drive approach
- Past exposure to executive and equity compensation is helpful
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in written format
- Proven high level Excel skills at an expert level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including Word and Microsoft Power Point
- A self-driven individual with the ability to work with general and/or limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work as an individual contributor as well as a team player
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Business Acumen
- < >Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Command Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem solving
- Presentation Skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.