SUMMARY: Support the accounting department in performing daily accounting activities. Acts as liaison for accounting to ensure financial integrity of plant by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
· Perform daily financial activities of the plant.
· Handles all freight invoices and monthly reconciliations.
· Ensure accurate and timely processing of daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities and reports.
· Ensure balancing of accounting documents surface and analyze variances from standard and plan.
· Develop special computer reports in support of management needs.
· Support the informational needs as they relate to areas of responsibility.
· Maintain conformance to internal control systems.
· Perform routine monthly financial reviews for management team.
· Participate in plant improvement teams as assigned.
· Fill in for other members within department as needed.
· Enters daily production hours into Payroll System, balances hours and maintains accuracy.
· Date stamps and files accounts payable.
· Files daily invoice copies.
· Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
· Checks and sorts the signed copies of bill of ladings.
· Assist in other accounting duties as the need arises.
· Assists with capital projects and other assigned plant projects.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS OVERVIEW:
· Two to three years accounting experience or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (must be able to develop spreadsheets/formulas)
· Experience with SAP financial software
· Experience with corrugated packaging software like HRMS preferred
· Ability to handle telephone conversations, listening & communicating.
· Ability to work together with others as a team.
· Decision maker with good follow-through skills. Ability to handle details accurately.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Able to remain flexible and adapt to the situation and provide either leadership or follow instructions and work independently.
· Enthusiastic, customer focused, self-motivated, and innovative.
· Open minded--ability to accept and work through change.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.