- Conduct physical testing on containerboard, corrugated board and corrugated containers.
- Conduct package distribution testing to determine effects of shipping and handling on customers’ products.
- Analyze and report results of tests to assist internal and external customers with quality related issues.
- Perform projects that support the company’s operational objectives.
- Communicate well via oral and written communications with internal and external customers.
- Perform daily activities in compliance with documented safety requirements.
Education / Training:
- Assist in maintenance of laboratory quality processes and equipment.
- Maintain work area in an orderly manner.
- Perform basic quality testing training for new employees and external customers.
- Shipping/receiving functions as required.
- Safe operation of powered industrial trucks.
- College degree in a scientific discipline preferred, with special consideration to candidates with packaging degrees.
- Demonstrated experience in quality assurance at a paperboard or corrugated manufacturing facility may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- One or more years experience at a corrugated plant or paper mill, or as a Lab Technician in a paperboard/packaging testing or design lab is preferred.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential.
- Practcal understanding of statistical analysis.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of TAPPI, ASTM, ISTA procedures is preferred.
- Physical ability to safely handle test materials weighing 50 lbs or more.
- Forklift driving skills desirable.
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Priority Setting
- Team Player
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at http://www.internationalpaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.