What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper, a world leader in industrial packaging, is currently seeking candidates for the position of Converting Supervisor at the corrugated container plant in Savannah, GA. Candidates must be highly motivated and possess a demonstrated capability to perform a multitude of supervisory functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment.
The Converting Supervisor reports to the Site Manager and is responsible for the daily manufacturing operations of a shift in the Converting Department. The successful candidate must understand the needs of the business while maintaining focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, and engagement to ensure goals are met. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a proactive, highly engaging, team oriented safety culture that focuses on risk assessment and hazard recognition
- Implement and maintain the International Paper manufacturing reliability system
- Drive manufacturing continuous improvement projects
- Coach and motivate teams to accomplish operational objectives – throughput, quality, waste
- Provide quality and performance feedback, address operating issues, and provide training
- Manage/determine work schedules and expedite the workflow
- Organize, train, and direct the departmental employees in such a manner as to obtain the highest efficiency possible while carrying out the plant processes and policies
This position requires 3-5 years experience in corrugated container industry, preferably in Converting. Strong leadership, Organizational, and communication skills are required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Action oriented
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Building effective teams
- Functional and technical skills
- Learning on the fly
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Organizational skill
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and a 401K savings plan.
Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at www.internationalpaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.