What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer challenging assignments and total rewards in countries around the world. When we say infinite possibilities, we mean it. Apply now and join a community that improves people’s lives, the planet and our company’s performance by transforming renewable resources into products people depend on every day.
Reliability Engineer – Electrical
1750 IP Way
Orange, TX 77632
PL will be compensable with experience.
The Job You Will Perform:
- The Electrical Reliability Engineer (ERE) reports to the Mill Reliability Leader. The ERE is responsible for the safety and reliability of electrical equipment in their area. This includes power equipment such as transmission lines, circuit breakers, transformers, motors as well as control and communication such as motor controls, drives, PLC's, distributed controls, field control elements, etc. The ERE devotes approximately 60% of time to execution and 40% to deliberate improvement activities. The ERE is responsible for ensuring that all electrical equipment has a proper maintenance strategy; developed and implemented, to prevent failures and ensure both safe and reliable operation.
- Improve maintenance strategies/efficiencies, and overall equipment reliability, through the use of RCM methodologies.
- Improve Reliability of equipment in area through execution of Action Items from Preventable Chronic Failures (PCF's), RCFA's, and Constrained Area Down Time (CADT) events
- Develop, execute, and sustain Reliability Deliberate Improvement Projects
- Schedule and coordinate outage related efforts and startup of equipment in area
- Plan and execute inspection/repairs of power, control, and communication equipment
- Assist Capital Team with development and implementation of Capital projects in area
- Lead and participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to ensure the root causes are identified and corrective actions are put in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Develop and continuously refine asset maintenance strategies to prevent equipment failures and eliminate unscheduled equipment downtime
- Audit execution of Equipment Care (EC) systems to ensure compliance and provide mechanism to "Check and Adjust"
- Lead Predictive Maintenance (PdM) activities in designated area as a PdM advocate
- Be accountable for ensuring that PdM program for area is adequately integrated with Operations and sustainable
- Review and update Criticalities
- Conduct FMEAs
- Lead small capital reliability improvement projects from start to finish
- Develop QAQC programs for the facility by asset class
The Skills You Will Bring:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum 5+ or more years’ experience in Power/Fiber area or Paper area.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical problems in manufacturing environment.
- Preferred Yellow Belt or higher
- Command Skills
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Strategic Agility
- Business Acumen
The Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Paid time off including Vacation and Holidays
- Retirement, and 401k Matching Program
- Medical & Dental
- Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement)
- Life & Disability Insurance
The Career You Will Build:
- Leadership training
- Promotional opportunities
The Impact You Will Make:
We continue to build a better future for people, the plant, and our company! IP has been a good steward of sustainable practices across communities around the world for more than 120 years. Join our team and you’ll see why our team members say they’re Proud to be IP.
The Culture You Will Experience:
International Paper promotes employee well-being by providing safe, caring and inclusive workplaces. You will learn Safety Leadership Principles and have the opportunity to opt into Employee Networking Circles such as IPVets, IPride, Women in IP, and the African American ENC. We invite you to bring your uniqueness, creativity, talents, experiences, and safety mindset to be a part of our increasingly diverse culture.
The Company You Will Join:
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. International Paper complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com or (877) 973-3919.
Orange TX 77632