International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country's largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
Reporting to the HR Manager, this HR Generalist will work from our New Bern Mill and provide strategic and tactical HR support in a union environment. This hands-on role is ideal for someone seeking exposure to employee engagement, leadership development, employee relations and change management within a manufacturing environment. We are looking for a highly motivated, engaged, committed individual.
- Business Partner: Act with line management in instituting work improvements which positively impact business profitability and raise employee engagement.
- Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, and Diversity: Provide training and guidance in the use of the Performance and Development Roadmap and other people development tools. Educate, coach, and counsel members of the organization on job performance, employee development and diversity to build work teams that contribute to exceeding business goals.
- Work Systems: Identify training and education needs and initiate cost effective delivery systems to meet those needs.
- Work Force Planning and recruiting for hourly and salaried employees.
- Performance Management: Educate and coach line management on company policies and work rules, as well as applicable federal and state regulations, to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources products and services and compliance with local labor agreements.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Compliance training and research, implementation of human resources best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources technology and proactively considering new strategies.
- Serve as Champion for change management systems to be used in supply chain systems implementation and use these processes to help drive the continued development of a reliability culture consistent with the IP Way.
- Champion the New Bern Philosophy and use its principles to guide decision-making process.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Functional/technical skills to include leadership development, employee relations, employee engagement, recruiting/staffing, performance management, diversity, compensation and benefits, compliance and employee transactional records
- Leadership potential is preferred
- Geographical flexibility/mobility for future opportunities is preferred
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Command Skills
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Managerial Courage
- Motivating Others
- Learning Agility
- Decision Quality
- Managing Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vanceboro NC 28586