International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable worldwide commerce, and pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal care products that promote health and wellness. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., we employ approximately 38,000 colleagues globally. We serve customers worldwide, with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa and Europe. Net sales for 2021 were $19.4 billion. In Russia, we have a 50/50 joint venture, Ilim Group, the country's largest integrated manufacturer of pulp and paper. Additional information can be found by visiting InternationalPaper.com.
The primary role for a Process Control Analyst is to analyze the use of process control and advanced process control methodologies throughout the enterprise. The role includes evaluating the current state by visualizing the “health” of process control at our mills. The analyst will collaborate with mill engineering resources, International Paper Global Manufacturing (“Technology”) Subject Matter Experts (“SMEs”), and the Technology Advanced Process Control Team, to evaluate the current “health” of process control and develop an improvement strategy. The analyst will also build collaborative relationships with corporate reliability functions and cost reduction teams.
The Process Control Analyst is a key member of the Remote Analytics Team – an integral part of the International Paper Global Manufacturing Technology group. The Remote Analytics Team is an innovative, cross-functional team that is strategically focused on advanced data analytics, and improving company cost-competiveness thru non-capital opportunities.
The successful candidate will work from International Paper’s Advanced Analytics Center (A2C), located in Atlanta’s Technology Square community. This position offers a “Hybrid” working arrangement, which includes a mix of working from a home and from the A2C office. Therefore, the home office will need to be within a typical commuting distance to the A2C office.
Another key role for a Process Control Analyst is to continuously improve remote troubleshooting and process optimization capabilities of the SMEs by evaluating, identifying, and then proliferating the use of new analytical tools and related emerging technologies.
· Configure, implement, and operationalize advanced analytics tools for industrial manufacturing processes with focus on process control, reliability, and cost reduction. Such tools include, for example, Aveva OSISoft PI Asset Framework, MATLAB, Minitab, Salford Tree-net, Azure Synapse, Power BI, SQL, SSAS, etc…
· Integration of data from various sources such as PI historian, GE Plant Applications (Proficy), Oracle, Emerson Device Manager, and SAP.
· Collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders including mill process engineers, process control resources, Manufacturing Excellence Managers, Business Unit Managers, Area Process Managers, and SMEs to improve enterprise implementation and utilization of process control and advanced process control.
· Build proactive and constructive relationships with manufacturing sites and with SMEs. Excellence in customer service is expected.
· Continual learning on the technical and organizational aspects of the role are expected.
· Develop as a technical subject matter expert in process control.
Knowledge and Experience:
A Process Control Analyst is a fully qualified and respected practitioner in the areas of process control and data analytics. The individual is generally able to function independently for most
issues that arise, and seeks collaboration rather than given oversight. Leadership, ownership, and accountability to larger change projects is given and accepted. Often, this work is self-identified and self-organized.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or other related quantitative fields.
· Prior working knowledge and experience within continuous manufacturing operations such as pulp & paper, power/utilities, chemicals, or refineries are preferred.
· The candidate should possess at least 5 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated results.
· The candidate must have experience developing process control strategies.
· The candidate must have basic experience with coding in any applicable language.
· The candidate must be data-driven and have ability to identify areas of improvement around process control.
· The candidate must demonstrate a passion for continual learning and acceptance of working within a highly innovative, less-structured, environment where self-directed research and prototyping may be required.
· Organizational agility and interpersonal skills are essential to be successful in this role.
· Experience in SQL, DAX, Power Query, and Power BI is a plus.
· Experience with DCS and/or PLC programming is a plus.
· Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
· Operations, engineering, and/or process control experience in pulp & paper manufacturing
· Functional expertise with DAX, SQL, R, or Python coding.
· Understanding of databases and data modeling
Competencies (competitive edge profile):
· Organizational agility
· Personal learning
· Dealing with ambiguity
· Technical learning
· Interpersonal savvy
· Drive for results
For immediate consideration, please click the link below to apply:
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.