What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The FGO mill team reviews and analyzes financial data for IPG and GCF North American mills. This analyst collaborates with Mill Finance Teams and Division to execute month end close process and reporting. Mid-Month activities include leading special projects with a focus in data analytics and robotics in order for leadership to make more informed decisions. Other activities include forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
This position is part of the Finance Global Operations organization and will have the following key accountabilities:
- Month-End-Perform physical inventories in SAP, ensure financial statements are accurate and complete key reports.
- Balance Sheet Analysis-Own the balance sheet accounts and ensure issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Excel, AO, Power BI, RPA-Utilize IP’s technology toolkit to effectively create value.
- Process Validation-Use ME tools to confirm established processes are working as intended
- Forecasting-Work directly with facility to predict month-end results
- Internal Controls-Ensure financials are accurate as defined by Policies and Controls
- Outsourced Work-Accountable for validation and maintenance of process documents
- Complete various reporting requirements for governmental entities, trade associations, and internal organizations.
- Participate in the development of the location’s annual operating plan by providing financial analysis support.
- Assist and support the locations’ financial staff by providing routine and ad hoc analytical support, as required.
- Able to lead meetings and train peers effectively
- Create or improve processes in order to make the team more efficient and effective.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Accounting strongly preferred.
- 5-8 years of combined work experience across various disciplines including finance, accounting, business analysis, IT, internal and/or external audit.
- Experienced in use of AO, Power BI and Excel preferred.
- Mill related experience or desire to work at a mill a plus.
- Proven experience in researching and defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and GAAP.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excel in team environment
- Travel up to 20%
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Standing Alone
- Managerial Courage
- Business Acumen
- Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.