What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Purpose & Scope:
- Manage 3-4 distributed control systems deployed in one of four manufacturing business units – Finished Products, Pulp Mill, Power Plant or Chemical/Evaporation. Control system management responsibilities include control strategy optimization, development of process unit startup and shut down sequences, enhancement of operator interfaces, and administration of significant cyber security provisions and execution of disaster recovery procedures.
- Integrate with the production and Instrument/Electrical maintenance teams in order to contribute to and/or lead efforts to troubleshoot process variability upsets, field device failures and control system hardware failures.
- Provide control engineering services to capital project teams in the development and implementation of maintenance, cost reduction and regulatory projects with scopes that include new control systems and or additions to existing control systems.
- Plan and implement migrations to supported versions of the control system operating software environment. Plan and initiate capital projects to upgrade obsolete distributed control system station, server, network and controller hardware.
Knowledge and Experience:
- BS or MS in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university engineering school is required
- Must be knowledgeable of control engineering principles and practices applicable in an industrial manufacturing facility.
- Must be knowledgeable of distributed control systems, communication networks, Microsoft Windows, motor controls, instruments and valves.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience implementing and optimizing distributed control systems (DCS) in an industrial manufacturing facility is required. Experience implementing DCS projects in a paper mill is a plus.
- Experience implementing, configuring and troubleshooting one or more of the following systems is a plus:
- Honeywell Experion DCS
- ABB Quality Control System
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Building Effective Teams
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Customer Focus
- Written Communications
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prattville AL 36067