The Manager GIS and Decision Support Systems is responsible for providing thought leadership and technical direction for developing and implementing spatial data management and analysis systems, helping lead the technical strategy and vision for the future system. This includes maintenance and operational support of the existing GIS platform applications, as well as identifying and implementing future enhancements to improve decision quality. Detailed knowledge and experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and geospatial/remote sensing analysis are essential. The position will have a strong partnership with 3rd party GIS consultants, field personnel, and fiber business partners, and coordinate to resolve user issues and service requests, effect routine maintenance, resolve defects, and implement system or application upgrades. Additional skills in data analytics, machine learning, statistics, optimization, and project and change management would be a plus. The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, and is expected to be a safety leader, support company initiatives and policies, and be willing to take on additional tasks as they arise. The position reports to the Manager, Global Fiber Projects in Memphis, TN.
- Collaborate in the design, construction, and support of cloud systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform.
- Develop APIs for geospatial analysis and presentation, build scalable API’s and associated architecture
- Process, store, and manage vector and raster layers.
- Develop and maintain code for deployment in AWS, GCP, or other cloud platforms.
- Improve the performance of the existing services and identify potential enhancements, including the scope of resource requirements and strategies for linking to existing information management systems (e.g., SAP).
- Parse, manage, and integrate large data sets on multiple platforms to turn information into actionable insights.
- Define and promote data warehousing design principles and best practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (experience within last 5 years):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Environmental Science or related field. An advanced degree focused in GIS work is preferred or 5 years’ related experience. A background in forestry or other natural resource fields would be helpful.
- Experience in GIS development, programming, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, AcrGIS Pro, server administration, geospatial analysis, and remote sensing applications
- Experience in geospatial web application design and integrated development environments
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, and/or Model Builder) and tools commonly used in the GIS development and workflow automation environments
- Experience developing and supporting GIS interfaces with non-spatial data using SQL (via stored procedures, ETL, SSIS, SSRS, etc.)
- Experience in ArcGIS for Server 10.x and its extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Network Analyst, etc.)
- Experience in supporting Federated ArcGIS Enterprise Architecture in an AWS or any other Cloud environment
- Experience in multi-user geodatabases and geodatabase design, database replication/ versioning techniques and best practices, and ArcGIS desktop client/ArcSDE server interface.
- Ability to design, build and support cloud and open source systems to process geospatial data assets via an API-based platform
- Ability to build software within modern cloud architecture, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Managing Through Systems
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Getting things done
- Business Analytics
- Strategic Agility
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
- Ethics & Values
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.