The Savannah Mill is currently seeking a qualified Process Control Technical Support Specialist. The Savannah Mill is located in Savannah, GA which is approximately 1-hour south of Hilton Head, SC and 2 hours north of Jacksonville, FL. The mill has approximately 650 employees and is a union facility represented by five international unions.
The Process Control Technical Support Specialist reports to the Process Control Supervisor. This is a very technical position in a large facility that requires an individual to work independently to provide client infrastructure and software support for the distributed control system (DCS). Under general to little supervision, provides support to end-users for workstations, servers, printers, and other network attached devices. Trouble shoots networking problems, assists in configuring and troubleshooting.
- Reports and works with an assigned team lead.
- Requires day-to-day management and break/fix work of workstations, servers, printers, and other network attached devices.
- Perform assigned tasks for installation and configuration of standard devices as part of our life cycle management programs.
- Perform assigned project tasks or set of actions for completion of project or process activity or activities within defined timelines.
- Includes but not limited to installation, configuration, and/or moves of supported standard devices or implementation of a process.
- Requires general to little direct supervision and capable of handling any routine to highly technical problem with demonstrated adequate to good communication skills.
- Maintain documentation for the facility, including inventory, ticket tracking, and time tracking.
- Member of On-Call rotation.
- May act as the liaison into mill and corporate Information Technology (IT) support groups to assist in expediting the support process.
- May manage vendor warranty and break/fix work. May assist in the workstation process.
- The external environment, including technology, competition, markets.
- Rapid pace of technological advances and how if effects the IP environment.
- Ability to keep pace with competitors across all facets of technology.
- The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Act as a liaison to other IP support groups.
- Work with peers to obtain assistance to ensure all technical issues are being resolved.
- Growth of supported device counts and maintaining technical expertise to support diverse devices
- Support and interact with capital project managers on storing, cataloging, and installing new equipment and systems associated with DCS upgrades.
- Constant adherence to corporate standards for the various businesses within International Paper.
- Remain current with latest Technological trends.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of related Information Systems experience
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) credentials preferred
- Demonstrated competence to work:
- With minimum supervision
- Effectively with all levels in corporation
Action Oriented, Planning, Time Management, Customer Focus, Integrity & Trust, Functional/Technical Skills, Technical Learning
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.