What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Customer Service Representative’s role is to communicate with customers, work with all departments for scheduling needs, estimate orders, order entry, proof graphics, bill orders, filing for all paperwork and perform a variety of additional activities to facilitate excellent customer relationships and support effective manufacturing operations. This entry-level position operates within defined systems or parameters and participates in a variety of order management activities. Position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Learns the basic fundamentals of customer service and applies established processes and systems in the execution of the work
- Performs repetitive clerical duties in accordance within defined workflow processes, systems, policies, procedures, and practices that include accurate order entry, building order specifications, material planning, sales order entry, miscellaneous invoicing, production guidance, specification approval, creating purchasing orders, records management, sales order entry and dispute management
- Provides back-up support for other administrative functions as needed
- Communicate status of orders to manufacturing, sales and customers. Work with production, shipping and scheduling departments to achieve on-time customer deliveries utilizing KIWI and Witron systems
- Work within department to coordinate production requirements, inbound deliveries, shipping, etc.
- Initiate entry of customer complaints into the Customer Feedback System (CFS), alert management in a timely manner for investigation, and help resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Handles multiple accounts of small to medium customer with higher complexity
- Supports processes that reconcile customer accounts including investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Maintains house accounts including warehouse replenishment programs, with direction from manager
- Provides excellent customer service through timely and accurate customer communications.
- This is an entry-level position. Prefer 1+ year industry-specific customer service, business office environment, business-to-business inside sales, order management, or purchasing experience is a plus.
- Associates degree or BA/BS preferred, commensurate work experience in customer service, inside sales or other administrative roles desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively use priority management skills.
- Position requires a high level of administrative, organizational and communication skills; including exemplary telephone and email etiquette and ability to present self in a professional manner.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, attention to detail, timeliness, reliability, patience and listening skills are crucial.
- Must be comfortable working independently on a day-to-day basis; but, equally adapt to working closely with internal stake holders to support the execution of projects.
- A proven track record of accurate data entry; proficient skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, Abobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and strive for continued learning.
- Position is clerical and sedentary in nature, requiring the consistent use of a computer and related office equipment
- Other duties as appropriately assigned.
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Ethics and Values
- Functional / Technical Skills
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.