The Bogalusa mill produces approximately 2,400 TPD of pulp and paper. The Area Process Manager – PM7 will report to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager.
- Supports and leads efforts at Bogalusa Mill that include an injury-free environment through role modeling safe behavior, active involvement in safety activities and maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Display safety leadership above all things and at all times and ensure environmental compliance systems are reliable and accurate
- Possess leadership, interpersonal skills, and the ability to drive change
- Drive continuous improvement and strong performance in 5-S execution
- Maintain a participative working style with the ability to be a team player within the Utilities department and millwide
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to operations by working with the other business units to balance operations for the good of the mill
- Focus on accountability and results
- Possess thorough knowledge of mill equipment and systems
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
- Work effectively in a manufacturing systems based environment with a strong commitment to reliability and the use of Manufacturing Excellence tools and work systems to ensure sustainability and predictability of results. Systems include but are not limited to operating procedures, trouble-cause-correction documents, key performance indicators, etc.
- Engage team in achieving individual, team, department, mill, and company goals; manage plans to ensure the crew has ownership and feels valued within the organization
- Execute job responsibilities in a sound business manner
- Strive to establish and achieve challenging budgets to deliver year over year savings. Gain maximum value for the dollars invested. Be an active member and leader of mill cost reduction team initiatives.
- Ensure crew skill development is a healthy and active process
- Maintain strong organizational skills, handle multiple tasks effectively, plan and execute daily, weekly and outage schedules
- Display initiative by completing assigned tasks and being self-motivated
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Noise levels in excess of 90 dB.
- Heat in excess of 100°F occasionally.
- Working environment is 24/7 – ability to be on-call as needed and/or required.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, ladders and into tanks ,into and onto tanks and other vessels
- Walking: Within immediate area and up and down several floors
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated and successful leadership ability in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of and leadership in manufacturing safety practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in pulp and paper.
- Must have a high level of integrity, energy, and leadership ability to develop and lead others.
- Demonstrated and successful ability to lead and continuously improve team performance in order to work injury-free, provide a quality product, and achieve world class productivity in support of a high performance work system.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with proven ability to provide positive and improvement feedback, coaching opportunities, and take corrective measures as appropriate.
- Strong computer skills required.
- College Degree Preferred
- Excellent skills in organizing, planning, priority setting, and time management, with proven ability to adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving or conflict resolution processes.
Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Informing, Organizing, Planning, Priority Setting, Developing Direct Reports, Directing Others, Motivating Others, Drive for Results, Building Effective Teams, Peer Relationships, Perspective, Sizing Up People, Action Oriented, Command Skills, Conflict Management, Managing Vision and Purpose, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Managerial Courage, Problem Solving, Standing Alone, Process Management, Understanding Others
Compensation & Benefits:
International Paper offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health care insurance, life insurance, 401k with company match, company-funded retirement savings account and company-paid disability.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bogalusa LA 70427-1060