What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Hourly Benefits Consultant position will act as a liaison between Global Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations and Union Leadership on benefit related issues. The consultant will be responsible for developing recommendations, documentation and facilitating organizational consensus on overall hourly union, non-union and hourly with salaried benefits employees’ benefit packages. Works with manager in developing alternatives in plan design, funding and delivery of employee benefits, focusing on the hourly population. Key stakeholders include Labor and Employee Relations, management, human resource professionals, union leadership and vendors.
- Identifies and assesses plan design and cost implications of the company’s hourly benefit programs, identifies opportunities, and develops recommendations in line with business/HR strategy
- Assures that benefit plans are well-designed, i.e., the plans are competitive, compliant, cost effective, and employee friendly; meet strategic business objectives; and facilitate ease of administration
- Jointly develops benefit costs for financial analysis and budgeting with corporate finance and the company’s actuaries
- Keeps current on benefit trends, industry standards, legislative requirements, etc. and communicates to management for consideration
- Insures accurate and consistent interpretation of our benefit plans, and recommendations for changes in our plans, through in-depth research and knowledgeable consultation and discussion with others
- Conducts detailed, constructive impact analysis of proposed plan and legislative changes from legal, administrative, participant and other perspectives through in-depth research
- Develops and executes implementation strategies for plan changes and other benefits-related changes through strong project management involving multiple customers and vendors
- Maintains a positive working relationship with Union leadership while providing superior customer service to Union leaders on issue resolution while maintaining benefit plan compliance
- Understands the company’s business needs and HR strategy
The position requires both of the following:
- College degree of four years or greater (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of ten years of benefits experience in corporate, consulting or insurance environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office suite including Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Visio, SharePoint
The candidate must demonstrate strength in all of the following:
- Analytical/technical knowledge
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Strategy development and benefit plan design
- Technical writing and other forms of communication, including presentation skills
- Vendor management
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.