What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position is in the Recycling division of International Paper. We are one of the world's largest paper recyclers, handling more than 7 million tons of paper every year. We have recycling facilities throughout the United States. Recycled paper is used in our mills, with the balance sold domestically and worldwide.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for monthly close duties for the plant, plant payroll and other finance functions. The position will be responsible for month-end accruals and reporting updates, reconciliations, supporting local accounts payable and receivables functions, local data requests, maintenance expense tracking, payroll entry, internal control report generation and review facilitation, and other reporting as assigned.
The Accounting Specialist II position will be located at our plant in Fremont, California.
- Perform month-end close activities including accruals, reconciliations, P/L data refreshes and variance explanations, associated data entry, and advanced analytics.
- Enforce accountability as an onsite resource to ensure internal controls are in place for compliance with corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and close the gap on Internal Control opportunities and assist in Peer Reviews/Self Audits
- Assist with Balance Sheet Analysis
- Oversee MRS/OEI Transactions to SAP
- Collaborate with a shipping & receiving coordinator to ensure timely and accurate data entry
- Enter and process hourly payroll in SAP weekly
- Manage financial transactions for the plant: Vendor Payments, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Order Creation, and other A/P and A/R related functions and answer related questions.
- Act as a first line of plant finance and payroll support for plant questions
- Back up office operational tasks as needed
- Track expenses and provide historical data upon request
- Facilitate the annual records management process for the plant and ensure compliance with policies
- Perform ad-hoc analysis in support of Region Generalists as needed
- Support and Participate in other projects/initiatives as required, including plant management and safety meetings.
- Computer software proficiency in: Excel, Word, Financial Systems
- Accounting system input experience
- Minimum 3 years’ successful office experience with accounting functions such as invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other general office duties
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Detail oriented and process centric
- Able to produce accurate and timely work
- Able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions
- Comfortable working both independently and collaborating with teams
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Finance or related discipline and at least 2 years of experience; or minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Preferred experience with SAP financial application
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Advanced EXCEL Training
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fremont CA 94538