Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Description: The Investment Administration Analyst plays an integral role in the day-to-day administration of the International Paper (IP) pension and savings plan investments. IP’s Trust Investments team employs a staff with strong backgrounds in investments, financial management, math, accounting, and pension fund administration. The Investment Administration Analyst is an important part of this team, which is responsible for the investment management of $19 billion of pension and 401(k) plan assets. The team invests across a wide range of asset classes, including public equities, fixed income, private equity, real-estate, and hedge funds. The Investment Administration Analyst will gain exposure to all of the plans’ investment managers and markets and will be part of the team conducting investment manager due diligence. The position will be part of a collaborative team that values work/life balance, while also offering the right candidate upward career mobility.
- Monitors, controls and seeks to reduce trust fund expenses.
- Monitors monthly trustee reports to ensure proper accounting of contributions, distributions, transfers, and expenses.
- Oversees invoice payment process.
- Calculates, monitors, and reconciles daily expense accruals for the IP Savings Plan investment funds.
- Monitors investment manager performance reporting.
- Monitors the Trust Department’s commission recapture and securities lending programs and the Legal Department’s SEC S-8 registration process.
- Maintains the Trust Department’s policy manual as it relates to the authorization and payment of expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field of study
- Basic understanding of accounting/financial reporting
- Strong analytical and computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong interest in investments and accounting
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources and answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish, seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.