The Area Process Manager is responsible for achieving business results in his/her area, provides leadership to all facets of the production process, and helps build and support a high-performance work system. Champions the IP Way and the one-to-one process.The individual must support and exemplify the vision and organizational values of International Paper Flint River Mill, a High Performance Work System facilty.
Position responsibilities and rate of pay to vary based upon experience level.
The key accountabilities listed below are not to be considered all-inclusive; a team member may be required to perform additional tasks, as directed, and based on changing business needs of the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Technical knowledge of experience in Utilities processes and systems such as: evaporators, turbines, power boilers, recovery boilers, lime kilns, recaust, or waste and water treatment;
- Leads efforts in key focus area including safety, production and cost efficiencies, reliability, team member engagement, and environmental, to achieve or exceed targeted performance.
- Lead the area to operational excellence through superior manufacturing techniques, application of ME tools and principles, total quality principles, and application of IP’s Reliability Roadmap tools.
- Provides leadership and resources to support engagement and a high performance work team.
- Ensure development and implementation of manufacturing systems; including use of sustainability tools such as Trouble/Cause/Correction (TCC) and Centerlining.
- Help develop, demonstrate and support an organizational culture based upon values of empowerment, high involvement, and participative work force in a customer and quality-focused organization.
- Lead a total quality management process, which will assure the highest quality production and customer standards, which meet environmental requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and uses sustainable methods for all processes and improvements.
- Manages team members in the mill as necessary to minimize downtime and maintain quality, and sets clear expectations holding team members accountable for meeting them.
- Maintains and develops team relationships.
- Participate in the development of the budget and capital plan processes for area.
- Lead area efforts in year-over-year cost improvement and supports the development and implementation of associated projects.
- Ensure team member relations, efforts and processes are in place that maximize motivation and the desire to work at Flint River.
- Communicate and lead the application of facility policies and standards.
- Leads team members in goal setting and performance management consistent with company and mill direction.
- Coordinate daily operations between shift teams with a focus on process optimization.
- Help prioritize daily and scheduled shutdown maintenance.
- Work with suppliers to form good partnership relations.
- Coach safety in others and leads by example.
- Champions safety efforts by modeling and maintaining an environment of safe work practices and proactive approach to safety management.
- Champions and fulfills area specific 5S Expectations (5 Minute 5S Checklists Replenishment of tools and supplies, 5S Audits, etc).
- Understand and meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and use reliable methods for all processes and their improvements.
- Maintain and develop team relationships.
- Manage the communication efforts to support all of the above.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Noise levels in excess of 90 dB.
- Heat in excess of 100°F occasionally.
- Working environment is 24/7—ability to be on-call as need and/or required.
- Ability to work on concrete, and periodically move equipment/tools weighing up to 50lbs
- Previous team leader/supervisory, project management, etc. Prefer experience in the paper industry (two to five years).
- Proven ability to develop others.
- Proven record of leading safe work practices.
- Experience in setting good manufacturing practices and developing administrative and operative systems, including area goals and budgets, using the appropriate, reliable and sustainable methods.
- Ability to fully utilize and build partnerships with external resources like IP Technology and suppliers.
- BS in Science or Engineering.
- Experience in working with Maintenance and Engineering in Optimization projects and work orders.
- Experience working in High Performance Work System.
- Leadership experience working in a quality focused environment
- Knowledge of and leadership in paper mill safety practices.
- GreenBelt Certification or equivalent
- Microsoft Project knowledge
Family medical and dental, life insurance, short-term disability, paid holidays and vacation time, retirement and 401k savings plan.
CAREER ARCHITECT COMPETENCIES
Building Effective Teams
Confronting Direct Reports
Developing Direct Reports
Drive For Results
Integrity and Trust
Managing Through Systems
Timely Decision Making
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.