Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Applications Development Analyst position is a permanent, full-time role on the Business Intelligence (BI) & Analytics Solution Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for development, implementation and sustaining of logical data models and physical data design for the SAP Business Warehouse and HANA environment, data mart repositories, and Business Objects analytical information delivery to enable better business decisions. This responsibility includes the identification and engineering of data most valuable to the business, the integration of this data, and the development of correlating data models, queries and dashboards. The resulting logical and physical data models is based on data warehouse design principles and analytical concepts. Due to the 24/7 support requirements of the position, the individual must be available for on-call duty after hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
- Technical analysis, design, development, testing, enterprise wide implementation, and sustain support of decision support systems for IP’s varying organizational businesses and process areas.
- The candidate will be responsible for the full development lifecycle using SAP’s Business Warehouse, Native HANA and Business Objects suite of analytic tools as Power BI, Tableau, and R/Machine Learning.
- Information model design and data design for decision support systems and information query, reporting and data dashboard visualization applications.
- Data provisioning for the purpose of self-service analysis and user consumption
- Optimize query and reporting applications for improved performance and data loading efficiencies.
- Requires interaction with business partners, IT business analyst team partners and IT project leaders.
- Develop technical designs appropriately and ensuring that the design will support future system enhancements and analytical solutions.
- Develop and support the associated interface programs to and from Native HANA and BW to systems such as ECC, Data Services, Alteryx, Theobald, Business Object analytic toolsets of PowerBI, Tableau, R/Python, and other non-SAP environments as Oracle and SQL.
- Requires the ability to design, trouble shoot, and resolve problems relating to integration of SAP and non-SAP data within the SAP Business Warehouse and analytic repositories.
- Experience with data warehousing principles for information modeling, in particular with SAP ABAP, BW on HANA, Business Objects tool suite: BeX, Crystal, WebI, Lumira Designer, Analysis for Office, R/Python, Power BI, etc. is highly beneficial.
- Participate in BI & A’s evolving enterprise analytic practice, including platforms such as BI4, Power BI Server, Tableau Server, R/Machine Language server, Alteryx/Theobald and SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Other assigned tasks as planned
- The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- It will be important to have knowledge of traditional data warehousing principles and decision support "best practices" and to be able to apply those concepts using BW and Business Object technology.
- This position requires the ability to communicate to both business and technical partners, appropriately tailoring communication to the specific audience.
- Each development project will have to be approved VIA a technical design review with the BI&A Enterprise Architecture team prior to starting development.
- Each project will pass through two levels of testing prior to migrating to a production environment.
- The work itself, i.e., problems, opportunities, and/or changes:
- This position plays a critical role in BI&A projects and is the link between the business requirements and the data architecture solution that will satisfy these requirements. All other activities in a BI&A project are contingent upon the data design being sound and flexible enough to satisfy evolving business requirements.
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business need and incorporate these needs into technical solutions is key. With innovative foresight to design with an evolving self-service consumption.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, MIS/CIS, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT custom application development role
- 2+ years’ experience in business intelligence applications or enterprise reporting applications a plus
- Fundamental IT development skills required (technical design, development, testing, scheduling, monitoring, etc.)
- Information Delivery - Front-end ‘data visualizations/dashboards’ or Information Management Back-end ‘design’
- Experience with extraction, transformation, and loading large volumes of data between systems
- Experience with data engineering, custom data modeling or data modeling software is a plus
- Ability to translate a business functional need into a technical IT analytical solution
- Demonstrated success of technical implementations is beneficial
- Functional expertise and/or exposure with the overall HANA and BW applications environment is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting, learning on the fly and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer focus and team oriented
- Technical Learning
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.