Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The value of data continues to rise across the organizations, analytics that drive action provide the edge over competitors and help optimize human capital and the employee experience. As we continue through our analytics journey at International Paper, it is necessary to increase the level of support provided to the HR community in meeting their analytics needs. This role reports to the HR Workforce Insights Manager and its main objective is to increase efficiencies and promote analytics and automation in Human Resources. This role will deliver individual process automations that streamline and simplify processes, allowing our function to allocate talent away from manual work to more value added activates and innovation initiatives. The role will work with other technical, architecture and business stakeholders. This role utilizes RPA, Data Preparation tools, and Visualization, to support business strategies and improve business processes by delivering solutions that meet or exceed enterprise quality and security requirements.
- Work with HR personnel to discuss analytic project objectives and related data requirements.
- Lead the data acquisition efforts to support data analytic objectives using data sources across multiple IT systems (SAP, Workbrain, SuccessFactors Kronos, etc)
- Query and validate data across multiple data sources with a strong focus on data integrity and security.
- Test and validate analytic reporting against established metrics to ensure results are consistent, reliable and accurate.
- Develop and maintain data source documentation, backup, and recovery procedures as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external data providers, both domestic and international.
- Collaboration in the identification and creation of all appropriate use cases/process scenarios and their expected outcomes that will be used during the testing and validation during the delivery lifecycle.
- Support, assess and validate the automated activities with a subject matter expert (SME) during any verification and user acceptance testing to confirm the automated solution fulfilled the requirements.
- Document all the security accesses that would be required by the automated solution during the process, this includes the documentation of the specific system rights/roles required and the procedures to be follow to obtain those accesses.
- Configure new Blue Prism Processes using core workflow principles, and efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand solutions, ensuring resilient configuration with adequate exception handling.
- Administer and monitor connections between tools like Tableau, SQL, and Blue Prism.
- Implements methods to move quickly, prepare data and reports to reduce production final time
- Optimize processes for data refreshes and cleaning of data
- Maintain data flows
- Explore opportunities for creating APIs
- Implement automation into HR processes
Researches and analyzes plan designs/provisions and benefits data/costs for reports, Process leaders for enterprise wide HR reporting and data analytics. Collaborates with customers to identify evolving needs and requirements, develop and sustain HR data analytics and Automation program implementation
- Data Quality Management & Preparations (40%)
- Dashboard Development (10%)
- RPA (30%)
- Ad-hoc Reporting (10%)
- Project involvement for data & analytics SME (10%)
- While the need for a stronger centralized reporting, data management and analytics is not new, establishing and implementing a formal structured approach will be an evolving discipline for the HR function. It will require the incumbent to develop relationships across the HR function allowing them the ability to influence without authority.
- This individual will interact with many of the groups that will be affected by a central reporting and analytics function. They will spend much of their time communicating the benefits and obtaining buy-in as to its importance.
- System Access
- Data procurement
- Automation of data preparation
- Expanding credibility of HR Reporting & Analytics
- Process standardization & automation to establish a foundation to continually streamline HR Services throughout the value chain
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, information technology, management information systems or another field that uses quantitative analysis (mathematics, engineering), or equivalent practical experience 5+ years of experience with SAP/SuccessFactors
- 5+ years of experience with SAP/SuccessFactors
- 3+ years of experience querying SQL databases
- Combination of experience of 2 or more years in the below categories
- Experience with statistics, visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, R, or Python.
- Experience with strategic planning, HR or Financial planning experience.
- Experience with SAP R/3, and other ERP systems and interfaces.
- Experience with analysis and data prep tools (Python, R, Tableau, SSIS, Tableau Prep, Tableau, Alteryx , Business Warehouse, Webi, etc) with advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven experience in researching and defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Ability to adapt to multiple tools and techniques for data extraction and preparation
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- Master’s degree in statistics, information technology, management information systems or another field that uses quantitative analysis (mathematics, engineering), or equivalent practical experience.
- RPA Certifications in Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, etc.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma. Lean Manufacturing or IP ME methodology with White/Yellow belt certification
- Lean process knowledge, certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR Global tools such as SAP HR, SuccessFactors, Business Warehouse, LMS (Sum Total), workforce planning systems, Time & Attendance, and Payroll.
- Familiar with HR Processes and Practices
- SAP / BW / Ad-Hoc
- Data Preparation Tools such as Tableau Prep or Alteryx
- Tableau – Basic Proficiency
- Creating SQL Objects
- SuccessFactors Reporting / Extraction
- Advanced Excel / Access / VBA
- RPA / Blue Prism
Successful applicants are expected to obtain their Yellow Belt in Six Sigma & Lean methodology within 1-2 year of hire through our the International Paper Manufacturing Excellence program.
Job Description Print Preview
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.