What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Manufacturing Excellence Leader will be responsible for all Manufacturing Excellence Initiatives, including strategy deployment and deliberate and continuous improvement, for the assigned area. Additionally, they will also be responsible for leading and educating the operations and maintenance teams in the assigned area in the Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Demonstrated leadership in the area of safety; support broad based participation in the mill’s safety process.
- Drive, develop and implement innovative capital process changes which will improve product quality, reduce operating cost, or provide a capital advantage.
- Responsible building plan to close ME R-gap for the assigned area.
- Utilize Manufacturing Excellence tools to drive a culture of deliberate improvement and engage employees in participating in cost improvement projects.
- Responsible for working with and coordination of corporate technology team’s cost reduction ideas and initiatives in the assigned area.
- Will work to train mill population in white belt, yellow belt, and green belt.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field required.
5 or more years engineering experience in Utilities, preferably in a manufacturing continual improvement environment.
5 years of management and/or leadership experience in Utilities area.
Qualified candidates have strong leadership skills focused on accountability and results, and have strong organization and planning skills. Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills are required.
IP Green Belt certified (or obtain within one year). Minimum requirement of IP Yellow Belt certification.
Action Oriented, Timely Decisions, Innovation Management, Interpersonal Savvy, Managerial Courage, Managing and measuring work, motivating others, organizing, perseverance, perspective, planning, problem solving, process management, results oriented, standing alone, TQM/Re-Engineering