International Paper’s Springfield, Oregon paper mill is currently seeking a Technical Assistant for the Finished Products Area. The Springfield Mill is a 1,650+ ton per day containerboard mill. The Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Finished Products Team with the leadership, coordination and technical expertise to support and optimize the day-to-day operations of the Finished Products Area. This position reports to the Finished Products Business Unit Manager.
After a review of your profile I thought you may be a fit for this role.
Knowledge and Experience:
Why should this role interest you:
- Technical education consisting of BS or higher in chemical or mechanical engineering, pulp and paper technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of operational experience in manufacturing
- Active participation in safety, problem solving and other committee/team activities.
- Hands-on experience in education/training, maintenance planning and scheduling with high degree of computer skills.
- Direct involvement with customer service related to product and service.
- Green/Yellow Belt Certification desirable.
- International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account.
- This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry. The person in this role will be trained and developed to take on a leadership position within a 5 year period.