What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Provide leadership and support within a high performance work system to all facets of the manufacturing process while on shift. The Production Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the mill’s overall safety, performance, engagement, and achieving manufacturing results. Must support and exemplify the vision and organizational values of International Paper, Flint River Mill.
The key accountabilities listed below are not to be considered all-inclusive; a team member may be required to perform additional tasks, as directed, and based on changing business needs of the company.
- Participate in safety related activities, be a role model of safe and healthy practices, demonstrate core safety leadership behaviors as expected for team leaders as defined by the IP Leadership Model. Initiate or participate in safety incident reviews as appropriate.
- Serve as the leader of the small business team. Accountable for ensuring Small Business Teams achieve operational targets.
- Provide leadership to optimize production, quality, cost, environment, and safety on a daily basis. Manage rate and surge strategy. Manage grade changes. Track and manage blend strategies to upgrade suspect stock to prime.
- Develop Daily plan from input sources and communicate to mill. Communicate Logistics & production scheduling through daily plan
- Set priorities for maintenance response during conflicting jobs. Prioritize work for Core Process Response team. Flow resources to area in upset housekeeping conditions.
- In upset conditions, develop and manage the implementation of steam and load shed priorities. Plan and implement short-term operating strategies.
- Provide primary contact for plant in case of emergency. Primary contact for community issues and complaints.
- Provide input to plant wide decisions regarding outage planning (water and steam management, waste management, shutdown/startup triggers, etc.). Manage and position tank and chest targets levels for outages and special causes.
- Lead and/or influence problem resolution. Provide troubleshooting skills in areas of expertise. Provide leadership to summon resources when the team has exhausted all avenues of resolution. Initiate all CFL reviews for their shift.
- Ensure routine communication is provided to the teams in a timely and quality manner. Celebrate and communicate excellent results.
- Report production and plant status to teams and other appropriate company resources. Communicate daily, monthly, yearly results to plant as part of daily plan.
- Implement Small Business Team leadership development plans.
- Participate in Performance management process. Provide feedback to teams and individuals, participate in resolving performance issues.
- Identify and verify staffing requirement for SBT success.
- Assist teams with data gathering /analyzing for daily operational decisions, leverage assessment and or incident reviews.
- Responsible for upholding standards.
- Ensure PM routes, area centerlines, basic care rounds and CBA’s are adhered to.
- Administrate individual work schedules and assist with overtime management
- Implements/supports safety processes ensuring a safe work environment for all employees.
- Maintains quality standards according to customer specifications.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory law.
- Possesses skills and willingness to intervene for change.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Required to work rotating shifts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Noise levels in excess of 90 dB.
- Heat in excess of 100°F occasionally.
- Working environment is 24/7 – ability to be on-call as needed and/or required.+
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 80% of shift time.
- Walking: Within immediate area and up and down several floors.
- Carrying: Periodically tools and equipment.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, ladders and into tanks ,into and onto tanks and other vessels
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- B. S./B. A. or equivalent operational experience
- Production Coordination Qualified (Flint River Mill Only)
- 5+ years experience
- Advanced in primary skill area (Flint River Mill Only)
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing process and support systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Role model for safety and environmental stewardship.
- Strong teaming skills.
- Performance management experience and skill.
- Technical skills and problem solving
- Model Safe Practices
- Decision Maker
- Problem Solver
- Positive Attitude
CAREER ARCHITECT COMPETENCIES
Building Effective Teams
Confronting Direct Reports and Others
Dealing with Ambiguity
Developing Direct Reports
Drive for Results
Integrity and Trust
Timely Decision Making
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.