nternational Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
The Plant Superintendent is responsible for process management in the areas of safety, quality, scheduling and managing productivity, housekeeping, and continuous improvement in the production department, while supervising employees in the daily routine of producing quality corrugated products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead a two-shift sheet plant in the daily production of corrugated products. This includes but is not limited to: training, planning, scheduling, assigning and directing work, hiring, evaluating employee performance, employee accountability, promoting teamwork, resolving conflict, problem solving, and delivering against budgeted commitments
- Champion EHS initiatives and programs; must be committed to a safe work environment and ensure that all IP safety and health methods, and federal, state, and OSHA requirements are in place and followed
- Maintain daily plant housekeeping standards by ensuring the use of established procedures and effectively utilizing downtime
- Manufacture a superior product in the converting, finishing, and shipping departments through actively assisting in the development, implementation, use, and auditing of the IP manufacturing reliability system (MRS) and providing customers with an exceptional service model
- Create and maintain an SAP-based preventative maintenance program while managing and staying within the plant maintenance budget; maintenance program needs to be focused on both throughput and machine reliability
- Manufacturing excellence to support the plants commercial initiatives; including developing relationships with the plant’s key customers to enhance plant partnerships
- Responsible for leading and conducting plant audits, including, but not limited to, IFSPac Secure, EHS, etc.
- Management of salaried supervisors in addition to the office staff when needed, in addition to production direct reports
- Plan and schedule manufacturing workforce hours to ensure OTD based on plant backlog
- Involve and empower both plant and salaried employees through plant partnerships to maintain and grow employee engagment
- Participate in the development of capital and project spending plans and activities
- Responsible for inventory control and monitoring of stock levels, as well as securing vendors as needed
- Participate in innovation and continuous improvement opportunities
- Five plus years of manufacturing, supervisory experience, corrugated preferred
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Exceptional planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills
- Strong mechanical and technical knowledge
- Computer skills including Microsoft programs and HRMS/SAP
- Functional/technical skills
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Command skills
- Directing others
- Motivating others
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Process management
- Building effective teams
- Interview skills & advanced computer skills
- Communication will various levels of management
- Effectively identify cross training opportunities and forecast change
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.