What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
- This is a very capable technical position in the field or at a large facility or complex that requires an individual to work independently to provide client infrastructure and software support to IP facilities throughout the country. Under general to little supervision, provides second tier support to end-users for workstations, servers, RF equipment, printers, and other network attached devices. Trouble shoots LAN problems, assists in configuring and troubleshooting data, voice, and video systems.
- Reports and works with a regional manager, assigned team lead, and/or site lead LAN Support Specialist. May work with facility manager or site contact to set priorities.
- Requires day-to-day management and break/fix work of workstations, servers, RF devices, printers, and other network attached devices and LAN for all assigned facilities.
- In the field this role is expected to cover a broad geographical area duties include supporting multiple sites and may support at least 250 workstations and other standard supported devices.
- In a large facility or facility complex this role may be required to support other field sites and at least 275 workstations and other standard supported devices.
- Perform assigned tasks for installation and configuration of standard devices as part of our refresh lifecycle management programs for Workstations, Printers, RF, Servers and Network Switches and Access Points as programs are phased in.
- Perform assigned project tasks or set of actions for completion of project or process activity or activities within defined timelines.
- Includes but not limited to installation, configuration, and/or moves of supported standard devices or implementation of a process.
- Requires general to little direct supervision and capable of handling any routine to highly technical problem with demonstrated adequate to good communication skills.
- Maintain documentation for the facility, including inventory, ticket tracking, and time tracking.
- Member of On-Call rotation and may require travel between supported sites and facilities.
- May act as the liaison into Information Technology second and third level support groups to assist in expediting the support process.
- May manage vendor warranty and break/fix work. May assist in the workstation process.
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- Rapid pace of technological advances and how if effects the IP environment.
- Ability to keep pace with competitors across all facets of technology.
The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Act as a liaison to other IP support groups.
- Work with peers to obtain assistance with issue resolution.
- Work closely with facility managers to ensure all technical issues are being resolved.
- Growth of supported device counts and maintaining technical expertise to support diverse devices
- New refresh programs that may be introduced for Printers, RF, servers, Switches and WiFi AP’s
- Meet Response Time goals as defined for group
- Perform Program Refreshes as defined for group
- Ticket Resolution and Closure Rate as defined for group
- Site Documentation may include Asset Inventory, ITRS databases, etc.
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
- Meet assigned project task deadlines as defined by Project Management
Knowledge and Experience
- Associate Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- 2 - 5 years of related Information Systems experience
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) credentials preferred
- Developed in several competencies which include: Action Oriented, Planning, Time Management, Customer Focus, Integrity & Trust, Functional/Technical Skills, Technical Learning
- Demonstrated competence to work:
- With minimum supervision
- Effectively with all levels in corporation
- May require 10 - 30% of time traveling to facilities and customers
- Requires being member of on-call rotation
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.