What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper currently has an opening for a Site Manager at our Austin, Minnesota Container plant. The Site Manager is accountable for overseeing plant performance as it relates to safety, cost, machine uptime, quality, waste and overall process reliability, while overseeing employees and fostering effective teams.
- Committed to a safe work environment and ensures that all IP safety and health reliable methods and federal and state OSHA requirements are in place and followed.
- Coordinates site efforts through Complex General Manager, other complex facilities to achieve quality targets, volume expectations, and delivery requirements.
- Works with Complex General Manager to develop and implement short- and long-term plans to become a low-cost producer and preferred supplier for customers.
- Manages direct reports in production, quality, shipping, scheduling and maintenance departments.
- Develops and maintains an effective team and organizational structure, through personal involvement, to maximize performance and drive superior customer and employee satisfaction.
- Manages plant assets and aligns with strategic plans.
- Education: BS/BA or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in production/sales management within a manufacturing environment (corrugated experience highly preferred), with concentration in related products, markets, customers and manufacturing processes, such as safety, environmental, inventory, quality and process reliability.
- Familiar with basic computer applications and ability to learn additional business-related systems.
- Proven in-depth manufacturing knowledge including manufacturing processes and corrugating and converting equipment a plus.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to build business relationships, provide recognition & employee development, and demonstrate integrity & high personal standards.
- Knowledge of employee relations principles.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possess business and financial acumen including the understanding of key business drivers and leverage points, financial processes, cost controls and profitability factors.
- Functional/technical skills
- Action oriented
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Career ambition
- Command skills
- Directing others
- Motivating others
- Interpersonal savvy
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Process management
- Strategic agility
- Building effective teams
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.