Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Automation Solutions Developer- Level IV
This is a highly technical and specialized role that reports to the Finance Automation Manager. The critical focus point for this role is to deliver individual process automations that streamline and simplify our business processes, enabling our company to allocate talent to innovation initiatives and more value-added activities. In addition to automation using the Robotics Process Automation (RPA) platforms, other automation tools can be used to design efficient, robust, scalable, secure, and reusable solutions that adhere to solution design best practices.
This role will interact with users and stakeholders on business analysis, liaison and development teams on technical specifications, and requirements documentation, along with conducting workshops that drive user adoption for the RPA environment by conducting RPA training, mentoring junior developers and acting as a subject matter expert for business and staff groups seeking services and education.
Why does this role exist?
- To deliver individual process automations that streamline and simplify our operations and business processes, allowing our business to allocate talent to more value added activates and innovation initiatives.
- To design efficient, resilient, scalable, secure and reusable unattended Blue Prism solutions that adhere to Blue Prism solution design best practices.
- To assist in the strategic growth of RPA across the enterprise through education, mentoring and consulting.
- Fully and clearly, document business processes to the granular level of detail to the extent of being able to design the solution for automation and for anyone to follow the manual process without any further questions.
- Collaboration in the identification and creation of all appropriate use cases/process scenarios and their expected outcomes that will be used during the testing and validation during the delivery lifecycle.
- Support, assess and validate the automated activities with a subject matter expert (SME) during any verification and user acceptance testing to confirm the automated solution fulfilled the requirements.
- Acting as a central point of knowledge and control for business processes, communicating with the RPA developer, subject matter expert (SMEs) and the business process owner to answer any questions that arise during the development and testing of the automated solution.
- Design Blue Prism process solutions in accordance with standard design principles, conventions and best practices.
- Support operational and business team during UAT and rollout phases.
- Identify project risks and issues to the RPA manager, Process Owner to Delivery Lead in timely manner.
- Support existing processes and implement change requirements using a structured change control.
- Provide a superior level of expertise and knowledge of the blue Prism solution and associated methodology to support colleagues through all phases of the Blue Prism delivery lifecycle.
- Mentor colleagues through the Blue Prism training and accreditation program - providing advice and guidance on best practices and development techniques.
- Accurate planning and tracking of Define, Design, Build and Test deliverables and ensuring stakeholders are regularly updated of status and progress
- Identifying risks and dependencies within Process Delivery and effectively managing these across internal departments and Blue Prism as necessary to deliver
- Daily administration of the Blue Prism live environment (running processes, maintaining resource PCs, viewing logs etc.)
- Managing and investigating exceptions (Business and System Exceptions)
- Solving issues that arise in the day to day running of Blue Prism processes and assisting in the provision of timely responses and solutions as required.
- BS Degree in IT or related area.
- A minimum of 4 years developing and testing software on a Windows platform and adhering to a structured and documented methodology AND a minimum of 1 year developing and implementing automated Blue Prism processes as an accredited developer.
- Experience with RPA software such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere
- Strong experience and knowledge of Business/System Analysis in a structured environment
- The aptitude to contribute to the evolution of methodologies and procedures in a controlled manner to continually improve a rapid and repeatable delivery channel
- A track record in training and mentoring individuals on development and delivery disciplines
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind.
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- A self-starter who delivers high quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team.
- Experience and knowledge of project management in a structured environment
- Ability to control meetings and ensure the attendees are focused on achieving the predefined objectives
- Background in software delivery methodologies such as Agile/scrum/waterfall
- Advanced database skills: SQL Server, Oracle
- RPA Certifications in Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, etc.
- Project Management Certification
- Familiarity with Six Sigma. Lean Manufacturing or IP ME methodology with White/Yellow belt certification
- Lean process knowledge, certification preferred
- Experience with Microsoft .Net Technology
- User level skills in SAP, SAP BW, Citrix
Skills and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Drive For Results
- Learning on the Fly
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Timely Decision Making
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.