The Savannah Mill is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer. The Savannah Mill is located in Savannah, GA which is approximately 1-hour south of Hilton Head, SC and 2 hours north of Jacksonville, FL.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for improving the reliability of our equipment and processes with a primary goal of eliminating unscheduled downtime. This position facilitates elimination of production limiting failures from our processes and increases the life of our assets. Reliability Engineering is the enhancement of traditional maintenance engineering with a portion of process engineering to eliminate equipment and system failures. The position reports to the Maintenance Reliability Leader.
The Reliability Engineer will work closely with a variety of different areas throughout the mill including operations, maintenance, technical, and management.
- Provide visible and active leadership in delivering excellent safety results
- Support the mill’s efforts to achieve consistent reliability results
- Develop and maintain asset criticalities, equipment care strategies, and maintenance policies for all equipment with emphasis on critical equipment
- Perform root cause failure analysis on reliability incidents to identify and correct physical, human, and latent root causes especially for chronic reliability problems
- Identify capital solutions to reliability opportunities
- Implement and maintain compliance with corporate maintenance strategies.
- Coordinate within Maintenance, assigned Business Unit, and other business units to optimize reliability to meet the needs of the department and the mill (e.g. upset conditions and outages)
- Identify and implement reliability best practices from across the mill, business, and company. Seek out and implement best practices using teams, databases, vendors, and other technical resources
- Work within manufacturing work systems (MWS) process to analyze work notifications to ensure the right jobs are worked at the right time and assist with the planning of complex work orders to achieve reliability targets
- Identify and develop repair/replacement strategies for chronic equipment failures
- Review bid proposals and planned work spending to ensure maximum value is achieved
- Directly manage activities of contract service providers, including safety systems, schedule adherence and cost controls
- Ensure a healthy and highly functioning Operator equipment basic care process is in place
- Lead ongoing improvement efforts in reliability pacesetter elements
- Support 5S program for the area and drive improvement projects, audit systems, and excellent results
- Identify and implement cost reduction strategies that reduce the cost of ownership and increase reliability
- Provide support for capital project development and implementation, including spare parts identification, purchase and inventory management
- Implement systems to improve/sustain results
- Provide support for budgeting cycle targeted at delivering year over year savings
- Fulfill weekend duty team role for Maintenance
- Lead and sustain continual improvement on Manufacturing Excellence culture within Maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with four (4) years post college experience with minimum two (2) years reliability experience required
- Experience in heavy industrial environment in operations and/or maintenance, including planning and undertaking Scheduled/Preventive/Breakdown maintenance activities of plant required
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma (white or green belt) preferred
- Certification in Project Management preferred
Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Decision Quality, Organizing, Planning, Informing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Drive For Results