Production Supervisor (Corrugator Supervisor)
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com
) is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 500 Company with operations around the globe.
We currently have an opening for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor (Corrugator Supervisor)
at our Amarillo, TX corrugated plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers.
As the front-line team leader, the Corrugator Supervisor interfaces with senior plant leadership and is responsible for safety training, accident investigation, managing work schedules, counseling and coaching employees to exceed team goals and corrective action to address problems. Responsible for the manufacturing processes and exceeding department goals through strong leadership and direction to the hourly workforce 2nd shift.
Specific qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent; BA/BS degree preferred or working toward degree achievement.
- Minimum two years’ experience in manufacturing supervision, experience in the corrugated industry is preferred.
- Familiar with basic computer applications and the ability to learn additional business-related systems.
- Excels in the direction of others.
- Demonstrates functional/technical skills of a first-level team leader.
- Possesses strong integrity and trust characteristics.
- Adept at priority setting and demonstrates timely decision making.
- Capable of managing and measuring work for continuous improvement.
- Knowledgeable in process management and strong action-oriented tendencies.
- Demonstrates approachability and high degree of perseverance.
- Drives for results.
- Knowledgeable in total quality management concept.
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity for a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.