What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The LAN Support Specialist II provides personal computer support to IP facilities throughout the country. Under general supervision acts as liaison with Information Technology second level support groups, facility management and vendors. Provides second tier support to end-users for PC, server, RF equipment, printers, mainframe applications and hardware, and other network-attached devices. Trouble shoots LAN problems, assists in configuring and troubleshooting data, voice, and video systems. Participates in planning, design, and implementation of facility’s data communication infrastructure using IT standards and direction from the business.
This position is located in the Valliant, Oklahoma.
- May direct others or manage day-to-day activities of an assigned team. Reports and works with a regional manager and/or assigned team lead to design the facility’s desktop and LAN infrastructure using IT standards and business direction. Will work with facility manager or site contact to set priorities.
- Highly capable technical position. Requires day-to-day management and break/fix work of desktops, servers, RF devices, printers, other network attached devices, and LAN for all assigned facilities.
- Requires general to little direct supervision and capable of handling any routine to highly technical problem with demonstrated adequate to good communication skills.
- Maintain documentation for the facility, including inventory, ticket tracking, backup and disaster recovery plan, time tracking, and assigned project work.
- Requires working in an Industrial Environment
- Lifting up to 60lbs
- Member of On-Call rotation and may require travel between supported sites and facilities.
- May act as the liaison into Information Technology second and third level support groups to assist in expediting the support process.
- May manage vendor warranty and break/fix work. May assist in the desktop/server/LAN procurement process.
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- Rapid pace of technological advances and how if effects the IP environment.
- Ability to keep pace with competitors across all facets of technology.
The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Act as a liaison to other IP support groups.
- Work with peers to obtain assistance with issue resolution.
- Work closely with facility managers to ensure all technical issues are being resolved.
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
- Constant adherence to corporate standards for the various businesses within International Paper.
- Remain current with latest Technological trends.
- Meet Response Time goals as defined for group
- Perform PC Refresh as defined for group
- Ticket Resolution and Closure Rate as defined for group
- Site Documentation may include Inventory, DR Plan, Network Drawings, ITRS databases, etc.
- Customer Satisfaction Rating
- Meet project task deadlines as defined by Project Management
Knowledge and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent
- 5 - 7 years of related Information Systems experience
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) credentials preferred
- Developed in several competencies which include: Action Oriented, Time Decision Making, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Time Management, Customer Focus, Integrity & Trust, Functional/Technical Skills, Technical Learning
- Demonstrated competence to work:
- With minimum supervision
- Effectively with all levels in corporation
- Limited travel required
- Requires being a member of on-call rotation
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.