What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities
This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities
, we mean it.
We are currently recruiting finance/ accounting professionals for the Controller Management Training Program within our North American Container business. The Controller Management Training Program is an exciting program that allows you to work hand-in-hand with an experienced Controller in a structured yet flexible learning experience involving formal courses, on-the-job training and special projects. You will receive coaching and feedback throughout the program from both the local management team and business finance leadership.
The Controller Management Training Program is 2-3 year program preparing finance/ accounting professionals for Controller positions in our manufacturing container facilities. In this program, you will learn about our industry, internal controls, the financial closing process, business analytics, business partnership and leading people within one of our corrugated box complexes. Upon completion of the program, you will be promoted to an open Controller position in the U.S.
This position requires
relocation into the program as well as upon completion of the program, which are both paid for by the company. The current training locations for the program are located in metropolitan cities across the country: Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Los Angeles, Orlando, Minneapolis, Pacific Northwest
, as well as other locations to be identified.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- General and cost accounting functions, including financial close processes and financial statement preparation
- Internal controls identification, maintenance, development and assessment
- Analysis of business data including budgeting, forecasting, key performance measures and special projects
- Root cause analysis and corrective action recommendations to solve business problems
- Supervision and development of best practices in the accounting staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role
- Geographic flexibility – job REQUIRES relocation
- Self-starter with excellent written, oral, and listening skills
- The ability to work effectively with others and participate on teams
- Ability to eventually travel up to 50% during the training program
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with a converting facility or related role is preferred but not required
The following managerial competencies should be present in some form for a candidate to be considered for the program:
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Command Skills
If interested please apply online by copying and pasting the following url into your web browser:
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.