Converting Supervisor - Statesville, NC
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
Direct supervisor to one assigned shift (3rd Shift) of hourly employees who is responsible for supervision, direction and leadership in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, other supervisors, plant management, office personnel and outside customers and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality and other programs and initiatives utilized within the organization.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry required.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Customer Focused
- Developing Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.