What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The successful candidate will:
- perform fire fighting and emergency response services in accordance with established protocols and standard procedures.
- serve as Incident Commander for the facility’s Emergency Response Team (ERT) and provide ERT Team training as needed.
- conduct regular inspection and maintenance of applicable equipment including fire extinguishers and fire systems and will coordinate any needed repairs.
- be responsible for operating and maintaining emergency response vehicles.
- provide confined space gas testing and assist in evaluating and issuing safe work permits for the facility.
- provide emergency and follow-up medical services to employees and contractors, conduct audiograms and pulmonary function testing, maintain medical equipment and maintain required documentation.
- Command Skills
- Decision Quality
- Time Management
- Two years of Fire Department experience required
- State of Alabama Paramedic License required