The Savannah Mill is currently seeking a Rotating Equipment Coordinator / Roll Champion. The Savannah Mill is located in Savannah, GA which is approximately 1-hour south of Hilton Head, SC and 2 hours north of Jacksonville, FL. The mill has approximately 650 employees and is a union facility represented by five international unions. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
Function and Scope
The successful candidate will provide leadership and support within a high performance work system to all facets of rotating equipment. The Rotating Equipment Coordinator / Roll Champion is responsible for the rebuilding, tracking, quoting and budget for all things related to rotating equipment. Must support and exemplify the vision and organizational values of International Paper.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key accountabilities listed below are not to be considered all-inclusive; a team member may be required to perform additional tasks, as directed, and based on changing business needs of the company.
- Supports and leads efforts at Savannah Mill that include an injury-free environment through role modeling safe behavior, active involvement in safety activities and maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Completes the First Line Leader (FLL) Onboarding/Proficiency Curriculum
- Coordinates and leads efforts to support high performance work teams.
- Coordinates rebuilds of mill rotating equipment.
- Manages overall success and sustainability of mill rotating equipment.
- Manages overall success and sustainability of mill gearboxes.
- Audits pump rebuild shop to insure quality and precision rebuilds are maintained.
- Sets vision for Roll Program and assists with operational targets.
- Manages overall success and sustainability of the Roll Program.
- Executes roll management components of the Roll Program.
- Manage overall Roll Program budgets including; annual repair expense, annual capital and 5 year capital needs.
- Execute Roll Performance components of the Roll Program.
- Execute Roll Maintenance components of the Roll Program.
- Ensures adequate spare rolls are available for critical rolls.
- Communicates as needed with team members and mill leadership for resolution of safety, quality, cost, production.
- Communicates and lead the application of Roll policies and standards.
- Annual Check/ Adjust to ensure Roll Program is meeting operational targets and Roll Program is consistent with IP Roll Program expectations.
- Coaches safety in others and leads by example.
- Understands and meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and uses reliable methods for all processes and their improvements.
- Assists other team members in the mill as necessary to minimize downtime and maintain quality.
- Maintains and develops team relationships.
- Positive, upbeat attitude that instills confidence in personal leadership ability.
- Fulfill area specific 5S expectations (5 Minute 5S Checklists Replenishment of tools and supplies, 5S Audits, etc.)
- Must be able to work weekends on a rotating duty schedule and be on call as needed and/or required.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or equivalent technical experience or minimum of eight years of work experience in a mechanical maintenance environment.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated and successful leadership ability in a manufacturing environment, including knowledge of and leadership in manufacturing safety practices.
- Effectively model the IP Organizational Values, and commitment to leading IP Savannah to an injury-free work environment through leadership and role modeling safe behavior and personal attention to and direct involvement in safety activities and maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Must have a high level of integrity, energy, and leadership ability to develop and lead others.
- Must be proficient in SAP.
- Roll Maintenance School completion.
- Excellent skills in organizing, planning, priority setting, and time management, with proven ability to adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving or conflict resolution processes.
- Ability to work with process team members, maintenance, and suppliers.
Prior Experience, Motivating Others, Developing Others, Managing and Measuring, Directing Others, Drive For Results, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Listening, Integrity and Trust, Building Effective Teams, Dealing with Ambiguity, People Focus.