This position reports to the Wood/Pulp/Lime Business Unit Manager in Bogalusa, LA. Bogalusa is a 2,500+ ton per day containerboard mill with 2 paper machines and 2 continuous digesters.
Champions safety efforts resulting in superior performance by modeling and maintaining an environment of safe work practices. Provides leadership and resources to support a high performance work team. Responsible for all aspects of the MWS process for the Woodyard, Pulp Mill, and Caustic Plant areas. Champions ME processes, outage planning, Precision Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance/Basic Care, Predictive Maintenance, and RCFA efforts in each area within the department. Takes initiative to pro-actively deal with issues both within the team and with other departments across the mill to ensure alignment. Understands the environmental impacts of production processes to ensure systems are maintained to ensure continuous compliance.
- Owns CLPM and IEPM activities
- Adheres to GMS standards for MWS
- Maintains an accurate department checkbook
- Coordinates planning of routine field days and the Annual Outage
- Communicates status of operator-derived notifications back to the originator
The following qualifications are required:
- B.S. degree in Science or Engineering.
- Demonstrated leadership skills combined with technical knowledge and operations experience in pulp and paper manufacturing processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral) with proven ability to coach, educate and motivate.
- Five (5) years of experience in pulp and paper preferred. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Proven leadership ability in guiding a customer-focused organization to meet its business objectives.
- Understanding and commitment to the concepts of high performance work systems and change management.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong work ethic.
- Active participation in safety, labor relations, problem solving and other team activities.
- Hands-on experience in education/training, maintenance planning and scheduling.
Position level will depend upon experience and education of the successful candidate.