This position will be located within the Pine Region (Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama).
This role is responsible for assisting in the evaluation and coordination of IT programs for implementation across the IP enterprise and businesses in North America, Canada and Mexico that engage RS resources and impact other ITSS groups. The programs may span all business sectors and all facilities both domestic and internationally. It involves the identification and prioritization of assignments and working with the Project Managers (PM), Service delivery Managers (SDM) and RS Managers understanding the resources, the availability, and ability to deliver on the programs and projects.
This is a role in the field within the RS organization and must have a complete understanding of the RS model and services provided. In addition this role must have knowledge of the IT related Refresh programs (PC’s, RF, Switches, Servers and Printers). This role must also understand how each area of the infrastructure impacts support services by other Technical Services and ITSS groups.
This is a technical position that may give direction to a small group of LAN Specialist/Analysts in a facility or across a geographic area in the Regional Support Organization. This organization supports all International Paper employees and partners that use the IT Desktop infrastructure, which spans all business sectors and all facilities both domestic and international.
Under direct supervision acts as liaison with Information Technology second level support groups, facility management and vendors. In addition, this role may also participate in the planning, design, and implementation of data communication infrastructure using IT standards and direction from the business.
- This role will be responsible for representing RS to the PM’s and SDM’s for program related efforts in the field. This includes being familiar with all enterprise programs that will require RS resources to perform any hands-on implementation work.
- Work with the PM’s and SDM’s to understand the technical aspects of the programs, and identify or work with ITSS to perform appropriate testing, planning, communication and training for a successful implementation. Must be able to evaluate and determine when to pull in technical resources from RS to validate testing or assumptions.
- Must be able to coordinate several programs at a time and account for resource needs, time constraints, perform gap analysis and effectively communicate across multiple organizations.
- This role will also perform communication to the appropriate PM, SDM, RS Manager and/or ITSS organizations on the status of any implementation effort. Responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting for each phase of the program, as deemed necessary, from developing the plan through to implementation and provide updates and feedback as appropriate.
- May be required to perform some enterprise or business related project work to assist the RS organization move forward as deemed necessary.
- May be required to perform Third Level Troubleshooting – RS provides on-site management for all desktop infrastructure incidents that are escalated. The scope of the incidents include:
- Workstation – Computers, printers, handheld devices, Blackberry’s, and peripherals.
- Server – Enterprise infrastructure and business specific application servers.
- Network – LAN equipment, Access Points, WiFi, RF, racks, wiring
- Vendor Management – Manage the vendors used in infrastructure support at the facilities (warranty, LAN enhancements/repair, printer support, etc)
The external environment, including technology, competition, markets:
- Regulatory Requirements – Sarbanes Oxley requirements, Software Licensing
- Security Threats – Ensuring appropriate security from hacking, virus or other threats
- Technology Change – Must work within an organization that can keep pace with the accelerating technology changes.
The internal environment, including interaction with others, (both inside and outside the company) policies/practices:
- Continued Cost Pressures
- Globalization – Language and Cultural issues.
- Understand new technologies of devices introduced into the environment such as Radio Frequency (RF) devices, Blackberry’s, WiFi and similar new technologies as well as the complexities surrounding some of these devices.
- IT Alignment
- IT Shared Service Model
- Service Management
- Deal with the political pressures and service problems associated with delivery of the programs.
The work itself, e.g., problems, opportunities, change:
- Developing visibility into the total impact of the programs introduced to the environment and the impact on resources
- Implementation of multiple programs with limited resources
- Process development and changes appropriately documented and communicated
- Clear, concise and accurate documentation for a successful deployment and implementation
- Reporting Relationships – Reports directly to the Regional Manager and Functionally reports to the Portfolio and Implementation Coordinator. Interacts indirectly with other Technical Services Manager and, the ITSS Program Managers.
- Locations – Implementations may occur simultaneously at several to hundreds of site/locations in the US and Canada. These programs may span all businesses and staff groups. Currently there are over 28,000 users in the U.S. environment (both internal and external to IP) and over 650 locations.
- Process Interfaces – Incident / Problem / Change management, Asset management, the PC Refresh Program, the Print Management Program, and all IT related processes that are accessed through a desktop.
- Must be able to communicate, work with, and influence multiple PM’s, SDM’s, RS Managers, and ITSS teams and their members to work together towards the common program objectives.
- The RS organization consists of over 100 staff members and this role will communicate, influence, motivate and/or work with all of those resources
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Information Systems or equivalent. A minimum of 3 years industry experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of IT processes and programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ITSS model and roles and responsibilities for each group
- Handle complex assignments with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle complex assignments.
- Good communications and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to set goals and achieve targets.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Organizing, Planning
- Drive for Results
- Accuracy, Listening
- Peer relationships
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Technical Learning
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.