Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The objectives of the Internal Audit function are to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. The Internal Audit function helps International Paper accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and the governance processes.
The Senior IT Auditor will work in a team environment to provide operating locations and corporate functions with detailed reviews of their control environments and reports to the IT Audit Manager. The Senior IT Auditor will work on teams that will perform projects to improve not only the internal control environment of International Paper but also to improve the efficiency of company processes. Specifically, the Senior IT Auditor will be responsible for planning, conducting, and documenting complex audit assignments for the Internal Audit team. The candidate will also participate on teams that support strategic initiatives and/or projects. The Senior IT Auditor will be relied upon to provide functional advice and mentoring to less experienced auditors.
The position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to learn several internal business functions and will prepare the candidate to be a leader within the team and company. The IT Audit experience is designed to aggressively develop and promote auditors through a series of job roles within the department as skills, competencies and leadership capabilities grow.
Senior IT Auditor will be responsible for the following under minimum supervision:
- Plan, document and conduct complex audit assignments and projects
- Managing multiple projects concurrently
- Conduct audit fieldwork in accordance with department standards
- Complete customer interviews to include; observing, testing and documenting
- Meet timely targets for assigned projects
- Prepare and review workpapers within TeamMate EWP
- Review and draft audit findings, draft audit reports and present to management.
- Work with internal audit customers to develop corrective actions plans
- Leverage automated data analysis tools while planning and conducting complex audit assignments (i.e. TeamMate, SAP, ACL, Tableau etc.)
- Develop skills to lead audit engagements to include coaching of other auditors
- Develop knowledge of IP policy, procedures, and internal control concepts and identify best practices
- Provide consulting services to internal audit customers to include leadership
- Identify process improvement and cost savings opportunities
- Lead Internal Audit initiatives as directed by the Audit Lead Team
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment and development of the audit plan for assigned businesses or corporate staff groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, accounting or related field
- Minimum seven (7) years IT audit or directly related experience, (i.e., information systems analysis/development or security administration)
- Working knowledge of COBIT, ITIL and COSO control standards, evaluation of internal control environments, diverse computing environment and architecture, including Unix, mainframe, client-server, network, and personal computers
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery planning; application and system development life cycles; physical and operational security controls; automated assessment tools and reporting; security management, best practices
- Proficient in using ACL, SQL, MS Access or MS Excel or other similar tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 20% (domestic and international)
- CISA, CRISC, or related technology certification (internal candidates within 12 months of accepting the assignment if not certified)
- Previous experience supporting Industrial Control Systems, including working with hardware, network integration and programming software for SCADA systems and PLCs
- Previous experience in corporate network, database and systems administration
- Ability to speak one or more of the following Portuguese, French or Spanish
- Minimum one (1) year of auditing experience
- Familiarity with the manufacturing industry (especially forestry)
- Familiarity with International Paper
Integrity & Trust, Ethics & Values, Functional/Technical Skills, Action Oriented,
Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Written/Oral Communication, Time Management, Priority Setting, Perseverance, Customer Focus, Dealing with Ambiguity, Composure, Decision Quality, Informing, Listening, Interpersonal Savvy, Negotiating Skills, Peer Relationships, Self Development, Business Acumen, Comfort around Higher Management, Develop Employees, Managerial Courage, Organizing, Planning, Building Effective Teams, Conflict Management, Managing and Measuring, Standing Alone, Creativity
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.