The Assistant Manager, Maintenance, is responsible for the compilation of reports & statistics related to key performance measures for the maintenance department, the planning process for maintenance projects and leading various EHS initiatives related to maintenance & environmental compliance under the direction of the facility Maintenance Manager.
- Manages the maintenance budget for the facility including running and reviewing SAP reports and maintaining a spreadsheet of YTD expenditures
- Responsible for the inventory/parts management of the facility’s storeroom, including maintenance of inventory in the system (SAP), ensuring proper inventory levels are maintained, and storeroom organization routine.
- Responsible for working with maintenance techs to develop kitting processes for use throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Utilizes systems, including KIWI and SAP, to track maintenance key performance measures, including mechanical/electrical downtime, maintenance reliability indices, maintenance breakdowns, etc.
- Manages the work order system and tracks work orders through completion. Compiles a report related to work order efficiency for the leadership team at the facility.
- Works in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and local leadership team to schedule predictive/preventative maintenance activities to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, leads some Environmental Health & Safety initiatives in the facility including: air permitting, storm water compliance, HAZMAT, waste water compliance, roof maintenance, Infrared inspections, compressed air management, cooling tower/chiller, air handlers, fire & safety system, inspections, contractor training, employee training, electrical, hot work, etc.
- Responsible for planning of maintenance projects including scheduling of personnel (employees and contractors), maintaining project budget, accessing machine manuals, ensuring needed parts are in inventory, working with production team to schedule time and ensuring work orders are in the system, updated and completed throughout the project
- Conducts a weekly maintenance priority meeting with the maintenance and production leadership team at the facility to review the open notifications and work order backlog. The purpose of this meeting is to plan and prioritize projects for the next 7 days and garner leadership support of these activities
- Assists Maintenance Manager as needed in the development and management of capital projects.
- Fills in for maintenance manager as needed to manage the entire facility maintenance department and may be assigned direct supervisory responsibility for a shift or team of maintenance hourly technicians.