Job Description Print Preview
This position is located at the Columbus, MS Global Cellulose Fibers mill. As one of the largest softwood pulp producers in the world, this location produces bleached softwood pulp for use in paper and specialty products such as absorbent personal care products, pharmaceuticals and photographic-based papers. The successful candidate will promote safety and excellence in all areas of influence and will have a desire and ability to work as a team player in a continuous process industry in a high-performance work environment. This individual will maintain and improve process control functions within the mill.
- Be a role model and champion for an injury-free work place and promote safety and excellence in all areas of influence.
- Manage the reliable performance of the mill’s control systems hardware and software.
- Ability and willingness to provide mentoring support to other engineers and technicians.
- Develop and maintain good record keeping systems in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities and RCFA investigations.
- Responsible for the ownership of areas alarm management activities.
- Provide effective support for mill wide implementation of IEPM and own area IEPM efforts.
- Provide support process & maintenance support for environmental systems.
- Lead & support production and maintenance team members with troubleshooting process issues
- Lead & support production and maintenance team members with troubleshooting and repairing of controls & instrumentation.
- Work with area operations to correct issues with operator pages and become familiar with graphics building.
- Work toward process optimization through development of new control strategies.
- Work toward process optimization through participation in the IEPM (Instrument and Electrical Precision Maintenance) process.
- Willingness to work weekend/night duty and after hours to provide technical and leadership assistance, including startups.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in a continuous process industry.
- Minimum 3+ years of process control and/or process engineering experience.
- Strong technical knowledge in the fundamentals of controls engineering and controls systems.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work within a diverse organization & non-union environment.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain good team relationships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and listening), organizational and planning skills, facilitation skills , computer skills, and able to achieve results through others
- Ability to excel with minimal supervision in a team environment
Competencies: Integrity & Trust, Action oriented, Functional/technical skills, Problem solving, Managing and Measuring Work, Priority Setting, Planning, Organizational Skills, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Drive for Results, and Customer Focus.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities.