What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position will support multiple businesses and/or staff groups. Will meet regularly with internal HR customers to understand specific issues or needs in relation to compensation policies and programs. Performs various comprehensive analyses, including researching salary market data to advise and design market competitive compensation solutions.
Responsibilities include the planning, design, evaluations, and administration of compensation programs that support the organization’s strategic goals and competitive objectives. Supports the compensation function in the design, implementation, and on-going management of general and specific compensation programs and initiatives.
Participates in compensation surveys; prepares and analyzes survey data. Assists in the development of salary ranges, structures and merit budgets and matrices. Performs market evaluations to determine job position levels.
This position also includes process ownership of one or more broad based pay programs, tools, or systems that fall under the salaried compensation area of responsibility, such as merit reward planning. This position will develop and interpret reports and analyses using specific HR and compensation systems (i.e. SAP, MarketPay, Mercer’s eIPE Job Evaluation system)
May train and mentor junior staff.
Complexity is high. This role is an individual contributor reporting to the Manager of Global Salaried Rewards.
- Strong Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to communicate well and influence
- Ability to work with general and/or limited supervision
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to deliver tough messages
- Comfortable presenting to groups and senior management
- Ability to see the big picture
- Ability to multi task
- Team player
- 5 years or more of experience in compensation administration
- Experience in job evaluation and salary planning using a market drive approach
- Past exposure to executive, equity, and variable compensation is helpful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- CCP strongly desired
- Ability to travel globally
This is a full-time position located in Memphis, TN – International Paper’s Corporate Headquarters
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.