Plans, develops and leads creative and comprehensive recruitment strategies and processes; identifies candidate sources and pipelines; establishes employment programs that bring high caliber talent to fulfill the staffing needs within our North American salaried population which meet business needs and support future growth.
The Senior Manager of North American Recruiting (NAR) leads a team of approximately twenty (20) sourcers, recruiters, and specialists whose daily responsibilities are identifying and building a pipeline of candidates to meet International Paper’s business staffing demands and managing the hiring process for their assigned business and staff groups.
Serves as the subject matter expert on the NAR Advisory Council and the College Relations Advisory Council, advocating best practices and trends.
Provides subject matter expertise and counsel to non-U.S. regions regarding recruiting strategies and execution within a centralized recruiting function.
- Collaborates with senior leaders to understand current and future workforce planning needs and creates strategies and specific objectives for full cycle recruiting to meet business operational goals. Balances subject matter expertise and leadership with fostering open communications with business partners.
- With an operational focus, leads a team of talented recruiters that:
- Develop job specific, customer centric sourcing strategies and recruiting plans
- Provide deep and insightful briefings to hiring managers on the pre-qualified top candidates they have sourced
- Support the hiring managers during the interviewing process
- Execute a high level of quality candidate care throughout the recruiting process
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and their human resources professional as they select their candidate of choice and extend the job offer
- Ensure the recruiter is viewed as the hiring manager's recruiting expert, offering timely and customer-focused solutions
- Assesses external labor market conditions. Designs, builds, implements and manages strategic sourcing and talent acquisition programs. Explores proactive, traditional and innovative approaches to talent acquisition.
- Identifies plans or initiatives that focus on the recruitment of diverse candidates or those who possess hard to find technical skills, etc.
- Maintains a network of diverse industry contacts and resources that can be leveraged for future recruitment activities. Partners with Diversity recruiters and Diversity strategists.
- Maintains good relationships with all advertisement and recruitment agencies.
- Working with HR Business Leaders, is actively engaged in workforce planning/succession planning to integrate internal candidates on slates and populate talent pools for future needs
- Develops a strong awareness of issues within the industry and utilizes knowledge in search planning for assigned business/functional.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of candidate qualifications and competencies to meet business needs.
- Collaborating with Communications, establishes a social media strategy for NAR, including visible branding.
- Develops strategies or options with respect to programmatic elements of recruiting, including employee referrals, interviewing skills training, and candidate care.
- Builds a data-driven recruiting organization, evolving recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insights, drive decision making and measuring team productivity and program ROI. Identifies relevant indicators to monitor programs and their performance. Tracks key talent acquisition metrics, including lead and lag measures.
- Knows the IP businesses and culture. Positions and effectively articulates IP’s employment brand value to potential hires and other any external professionals engaged in support of meeting recruiting strategies.
- Ensures all recruiting activities are consistent with organization's policies, standards, values and the overall IP Way Forward.
- Partners with Global Talent Acquisition where needed in execution of global TA strategies.
- Streamline and manage recruiting vendor relationship
- Negotiate with vendors effective rates, partnering with Global Sourcing
- Selects, trains, develops, coaches and evaluates NAR team members.
- Supervises and directs the activities of NAR personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion, as well as independent judgment.
- Establishes operational objectives for the department including work plans and delegates assignments to team.
- Strives for continuous improvement by utilizing Deliberate Improvement tools, ensuring process, system, and operational efficiencies are refined and maximized.
- Promotes engagement through an environment of creativity and innovation focused on useable improvements, as well as breakthroughs that support the organization's mission and further its vision. Champions implementation of approaches that improve talent acquisition processes, approaches, tools and outcomes.
- Insures legal and regulatory compliance of recruiting policies and practices by NAR team members and hiring managers.
- Develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Prepares department budgets. Has financial accountability for approximately $2 million in direct departmental spend and $800K in indirect agency spend (chargeable to businesses/staff groups).
- Will leverage opportunities to realize cost savings with third party vendor utilization, improved time to fill and quality of hire.
- Maintains active membership, affiliation and activity with trade/professional associations.
- Performs any other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Experience: 10 years corporate and/or agency recruiting experience in a high volume environment, with a minimum of 7 years leadership and direct management experience.
Preferred Experience: Paper and Packaging knowledge
Education: Bachelor degree required
Business Specific Skills, Knowledge and Accountabilities:
- Demonstrated track- record of sourcing and recruiting diverse, top quality individuals.
- Effectively positioning employment brand to attract top talent.
- Excellent candidate assessment and closure skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is proactive in taking action and problem resolution
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple customers and multiple candidates on concurrent, complex hiring projects with the ability to effectively prioritize efforts to meet customer commitments
- Strong leadership and communications skills, demonstrated customer credibility, and the ability to build effective relations across an array of customers, from first line hiring managers to senior HR and business leaders.
- Proactive consultative skills and business savvy with success at finding win/win solutions.
- Demonstrated success in a highly matrixed organizational structure
- High degree of professional integrity in handling confidential information is essential
- Recruiting related project management expertise
- Proficiency with multiple ATS and CRM systems.
- Knowledge of recruiting trends, including social media
- Among the recruiting profession, is known as a subject matter expert with a solid ability to execute life cycle recruiting processes
- Business Acumen
- Managing thru Systems
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Learning on the Fly
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Innovation Management
- Process Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Drive for Results
- Developing Direct Reports
- Confronting Direct Reports
- Directing Others
- Motivating Others
- Sizing Up Others
- Conflict Management
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managerial Courage
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Timely Decision
- Action Oriented
- Standing Alone
- Command Skills
- Problem Solving
- Decision Quality
- Integrity & Trust
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.