International Paper (www.internationalpaper.com
) is one of the world’s leading producers of fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper. We create packaging products that protect and promote goods, enable worldwide commerce and keep consumers safe; pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness; and papers that facilitate education and communication.
Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, the company employs approximately 55,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
We currently have an opening for a Complex Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator based in either Shakopee or Austin, Minnesota supporting manufacturing plants in Shakopee and Austin, Minnesota. These manufacturing plants produce packaging for local and national customers.
Responsible for leading systems, processes and procedures that promote a positive safety culture which results in an injury free and healthy workplace. Collaborate with local leadership to execute on all local, state, federal regulatory EHS requirements and company EHS programs. This position reports directly to the Site Manager and will work functionally with regional EHS staff.
- Responsible for supporting and fostering the safety culture, safety and environmental compliance of the manufacturing facilities
- Assign and track all EHS activities, corrective action plans and tasks to completion and update as needed; Maintain appropriate documentation
- Assess facility programs against performance standards and develop corrective action plans to close gaps
- Manage leading indicator efforts including safe work observation process, 5S, hazard recognition and controls
- Lead and maintain Contractor safety effort; assist in development of contractor work plans and monitor compliance
- Manage energy control, hearing conservation and chemical management programs
- Participate in required internal and external EHS audits and inspections; Coordinate and review results to ensure deficiency correction
- Lead incident investigations, complete investigation files, develop corrective action plans and manage worker's compensation process
- Lead initiatives to strategically plan, communicate, deliver and track required employee training. Responsible for makeup training process and new hire onboarding
- Responsible for plant-wide EHS communications; utilize resources from EHS function, participate in Area EHS calls and communicate/distribute materials to site leaders; prepare and provide info at plant-wide meetings
- Promote sustainability of safety leadership tools; provide feedback to leaders on skill improvements needed
- Participate and support an active cross functional safety committee
- Maintain files, environmental permits, inspections, certifications and submissions (VOC, waste water, storm water, cyclone, silo, Tier II, DMR's, Air, etc)
- Lead deliberate improvement efforts to improve EHS performance
- Work with lead team to develop and implement site-specific annual objectives for EHS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in EHS required
- 3-5 years EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with progressive EHS cultures and safety leadership
- Knowledge of EHS compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Presentation and delivery skills
- Aptitude for organization, prioritization and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion to accomplish EHS requirements and objectives
- Willingness to travel for training, meetings, benchmarking and weekly support of multiple facilities within geography
- Ethics and Values
- Business Acumen
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing through Systems
- Problem Solving
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans