What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Assistant Supervisor in our Marion, Ohio Container facility. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
The Maintenance Assistant Supervisor role is responsible for the planning and scheduling of maintenance in the facility. Receives and reviews each work order for completeness validity of the priority clarity and accuracy of information. From work orders, estimates maintenance jobs showing sequence of steps number of craftsperson man-hours and materials required. The Maintenance Assistant Supervisor will also be responsible for the store room and ordering/receiving parts.
Key Functions/Responsibilities of this position are:
- following all safety rules and practices;
- Responsible for the inventory/parts management of the facility’s store-room, including maintenance of inventory in the system (SAP), ensuring proper inventory levels are maintained, store-room organization, and kitting for projects.
- ensuring mechanics have proper tooling and equipment for upcoming jobs;
- contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results;
- acting as a back-up supervisor in the absence of the maintenance supervisor;
- accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records and other paperwork;
- trouble-shooting and solving problems;
- maintaining teamwork with other associates;
- keeping supervision informed of problems and/or unusual situations;
- Manages the work order system and tracks work orders through completion. Compiles a report related to work order efficiency for the leadership team at the facility.
- Works in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and local leadership team to schedule predictive/preventative maintenance activities to keep all equipment in good working order.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, leads some Environmental Health & Safety initiatives in the facility including: air permitting, storm water compliance, HAZMAT, waste water compliance, roof maintenance, Infared inspections, compressed air management, cooling tower/chiller, air handlers, fire & safety system, inspections, contractor training, employee training, electrical, hot work, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervision.
Qualifications for this position include:
International Paper offers a total rewards philosophy encompassing a competitive salary and benefits.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.