What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
Responsible to manage customer accounts daily activities and provide expertise to tactical decisions regarding those accounts; to communicate with customers, estimate and enter orders, and perform a variety of additional activities to facilitate excellent customer relationships supporting Sales, Manufacturing and shipping operations; has a basic understanding of manufacturing processes and works with production staff to achieve on-time customer deliveries; Responsible for multiple customer accounts with high complexity.
- Review and manage customer orders either directly from customers or account managers.
- Effectively handle strategy, high-volume and challenging accounts; respond to customer inquiries expeditiously.
- Act as primary customer service contact for assigned key accounts to manage customer inventory on and off site; understand, anticipate, and respond to customer and business needs in a changing environment.
- Manage key account new item setup in a timely manner, including cost estimates, product specifications, and tooling purchases.
- Process purchase orders, coordinate account credits, and maintain customer data while working closely with sales to understand customer demand.
- Communicate with customers and sales team for accounts receivable.
- Work with production and sales staff to utilize operational systems to achieve on-time customer deliveries.
- Maintain an understanding of products, market strategy, customer account plans and business rules.
- Document and manage quality complaints.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Strong verbal and written skills with ability to be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, both with immediate team members and ancillary departments
- Excellent phone manner and active listening skills
- Capacity to prioritize and multitask for effective time management
- Commitment to achieve customer satisfaction
- Understanding of order management
- Exhibit solid business knowledge and ability to follow communication protocols
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills along with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and able to excel in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Computer data-entry experience
- Experience in the corrugated box industry
- Experience with customer phone contact and active listening
- Five years of customer relations experience; preferably 1+ years industry specific customer relations experience
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Leaning on the Fly
- Functional & Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Managing Through Systems
“Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans”