What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper is the world’s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 150 Company with operations around the globe.
International Paper’s Grande Prairie Mill is hiring a Human Resource Generalist to support to approximately 330 non-union employees distributed across six departments across the mill. This is a “hands on” position that requires significant interaction and visibility to all levels of the organization and all shifts. We are looking for an intrinsically motivated, engaged and committed team member that has an interest and background providing Human Resources support in a manufacturing environment. This position is an exciting opportunity for someone who desires to be a change leader impacting the results for the customers they support. The HR Generalist reports to the HR Manager. The successful candidate should demonstrate capability and desire to move into an HR leadership role.
- Partner with leaders to develop work system improvements which raise employee engagement and positively impact business profitability. Help the facility build a reliability culture.
- Educate, coach and counsel leaders and team members on job performance, employee development and diversity to build work teams who fully contribute to meeting or exceeding business goals.
- Recruit and onboard hourly and salaried employees utilizing selection tools and competency model and lead or participate in college recruiting.
- Identify training and education needs, implement cost-effective delivery, and ensure processes are in place to sustain ongoing training and development efforts to meet training and education needs.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions. Ensure personnel decisions, policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance with regulatory requirements and IP core values.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities for current processes and practices to enhance efficiencies and provide superior customer service.
- Lead or provide support in workplace investigations.
- Provide counsel to leadership on all employee relations matters through coaching and education on the interpretation and consistent application of company employment policies, mill team member handbook and all legal regulations.
- Research and introduce human resources best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources technology and proactively considering new strategies.
Education / Functional Requirements:
- An undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related subject with 5 or more years of experience working in a HR Advisory role; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Significant human resource knowledge with experience leading or participating in performance management, conducting investigations, policy management, recruitment, succession / workforce planning, employee engagement, training and develop and management of compensation and benefits
- Experience working with SucessFactors and SAP is preferred
- CPHR (Chartered Professional in Human Resources) designation is preferred
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Change Management
- Drive for Results
- Standing Alone
- Hiring and Staffing
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Please click link below to apply.