What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Production Supervisor is a front-line leader who exercises direction and control of the daily activities of the department or shift to which he/she is assigned toward safe and cost-effective production and quality objectives. This position ensures that safety, waste and quality control, maintenance, and housekeeping goals are met by fully utilizing all established best-practice methods.
The packaging plant Production Supervisor reports to the Site Manager and is a key member of the plant leadership team. As such, the Supervisor participates in a variety of daily activities and decisions related to the successful operation of the plant. The production supervisor within a packaging plant has primary responsibility for all the day-to-day manufacturing operations at the facility. The supervisor may oversee five to thirty-five other employees. This position requires the flexibility and versatility to fill many roles and requires the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all levels and across all shifts within the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years in a supervisory capacity is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the corrugated or converting industry is preferred, but not required.
- Familiar with basic computer applications and ability to learn additional business-related systems such as Kiwiplan
- Demonstrated competence to work:
- With minimum supervision
- Effectively with all levels in workforce
- Building effective teams to support continuous improvement
- Consistent track record for getting business results
- Excels in directing of others
- Demonstrates functional / technical skills of a first level team leader
- Possesses strong integrity and trust characteristics
- Possesses excellent listening skills
- Adept at prioritization of tasks
- Demonstrates timely decision making
- Capable of managing and measuring work for continuous improvement
- Knowledgeable in process management
- Strong action-oriented tendencies
- Demonstrates approachability and high degree of perseverance
- Driven to results
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Three Rivers MI 49093