Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor in our Eaton, Ohio Container facility. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor role is responsible for the planning and scheduling of maintenance in the facility. Receives and reviews each work order for completeness validity of the priority clarity and accuracy of information. From work orders, estimates maintenance jobs showing sequence of steps number of craftsperson man-hours and materials required. The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for the store room and ordering/receiving parts.
Key Functions/Responsibilities of this position are:
- following all safety rules and practices;
- scheduling preventive maintenance activities;
- ensuring mechanics have proper tooling and equipment for upcoming jobs;
- ordering parts for the maintenance department/maintaining the organization of the store room;
- contacting and working with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results;
- acting as a back-up supervisor in the absence of the maintenance manager;
- accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records and other paperwork;
- trouble-shooting and solving problems;
- maintaining teamwork with other associates;
- keeping supervision informed of problems and/or unusual situations;
- performing other duties as assigned by supervision.
Qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- The ability to plan/schedule in coordination with production and maintenance teams.
- 5 years minimum experience working in a maintenance department in equipment repair.
- Strong technical abilities.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.