Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Planner/Scheduler I in our Mount Vernon, Ohio Container facility. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
The plant scheduler plans and establishes the daily production schedule.
- Schedules corrugator and finishing side of jobs according to job priorities, paper size and related specifications.
- Forecasting for plant roll stock.
- Maintains constant communication with Customer Service Department regarding status of jobs in progress and deadlines.
- Expedites rush orders for customers and processes relevant paperwork.
- Reschedules work flow when there are machine breakdowns, productivity slowdowns, changes in customer order or materials shortage.
- Participates in plant meetings to assist in the planning of plant priorities.
- Recommends methods for improving general departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Responsible for developing production schedules that achieve timely production of quality parts in the proper quantities and at the most economical costs.
- Specific accountabilities include: Roll stock ordering and inventory, WIP control, Waste control
- College degree preferred.
- Good communication skills — oral and written.
- Leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate delivery of goods with sales and customer service.
- Strong planning skills.
- Ability to delegate and motivate.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of customer service and production activities.
- Administratively inclined with a sense for detail and good follow-up skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.