What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Responsible for creating and developing quality package designs, specifications, and prototypes to assist Account Managers in sales promotions; investigates and procures all data required to develop the design.
- Discuss design projects with Sales Representatives and be able to select the appropriate designs needed and draw designs
- Formulate and communicate ideas for new and/or improved designs by analyzing customer needs and production feasibility
- Use computer aided design software to create samples then process the sample on the cutting table
- Be knowledgeable of production machine capabilities in order to assist in the development of design specs
- Assist customer service to insure proper plate and die ordering and master print card are secured on a timely basis
- Associate to four year degree with emphasis on computer aided design, CAD, and drafting, or applicable work experience
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry preferred
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Functional/technical skills
- Learning on the fly
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.